It's a cool photo, I like there being some clouds to add interest to the sky. You know what I'd think about doing with this type photo is to hang out a minute or so and watch as people move in and out of the scene til they get into positions that would work in the composition. Or maybe til they move out of the picture altogether! lol I tend to look at it as shapes, and someone closer to the camera not doing much can just make for a dark shape not necessarily balancing the composition well rather than adding any interest.

And this is getting picky (and yes, I do this framing shots and drive myself nuts looking at my own later! lol) but I'd also be aware of signs and posts, etc. and move around and adjust the vantage point to put those objects where you want them. I learned to do that shooting hockey, I could make empty seats 'disappear' (because sponsors won't want to see empty seats, we needed butts in seats! lol).

It's a cool photo, I like there being some clouds to add interest to the sky. You know what I'd think about doing with this type photo is to hang out a minute or so and watch as people move in and out of the scene til they get into positions that would work in the composition. Or maybe til they move out of the picture altogether! lol I tend to look at it as shapes, and someone closer to the camera not doing much can just make for a dark shape not necessarily balancing the composition well rather than adding any interest.

And this is getting picky (and yes, I do this framing shots and drive myself nuts looking at my own later! lol) but I'd also be aware of signs and posts, etc. and move around and adjust the vantage point to put those objects where you want them. I learned to do that shooting hockey, I could make empty seats 'disappear' (because sponsors won't want to see empty seats, we needed butts in seats! lol).

Thank you very much for the great feedback and tips Sharon. I did clone out a big lamp post in the middle and then could not do the one on the RHS so left it. Thank you again.

Cool shot - I like the bird perched on the top.

Nice perspective, and good subject for black and white.

Great shot of an interesting building. I'm somewhat ambivalent about street signs in a street shot. They're just as much a part of the scene as the building. If I can get a different view that eliminates them great, but not at the expense of my primary focus. I don't know if the post processing software you use has the ability to correct perspective distortion, but if it does you might try to straighten the verticle lines of the building just a tad.

Great shot of an interesting building. I'm somewhat ambivalent about street signs in a street shot. They're just as much a part of the scene as the building. If I can get a different view that eliminates them great, but not at the expense of my primary focus. I don't know if the post processing software you use has the ability to correct perspective distortion, but if it does you might try to straighten the verticle lines of the building just a tad.

Thank you smoke, I thought I had corrected it enough but not. I use C1 Pro 12 and Affinity Photo for all my edits.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back