The grass is always greener...

Yea.. well... you'll be stuck with a modern 300mm f/4.. and you'll only have 4 (four) Canon 70-200 models to pick from..

Ha! sucker!!

Anybody else notice that Canon users are not happy with the 7Dmk2 release? (read the 1000's of comments on DPReview)..
  • No WiFI
  • No Swivel Screen
  • Outdated APS-C sensor
  • No Full Frame

It just makes me laugh.. Nikon users want what Canon has... Canon users want what Nikon users have..

Sometimes i love the internet :)
What the ... ??? The 7D2 was never supposed to be anything but APS-C ! Thats the very point of that camera. It needs to be APS-C because of how people want to use it - they want the extra crop factor so they can have extra reach for wildlife (and possibly sports).

About the "outdated sensor" - thats because Canon insist on doing their own sensors, even if other people do much better ones. The advantage is of course that Canon can do all kinds of stuff other people wont offer, such as natively amplified High ISO 16,000, or Dualpixel Technology. So yeah, nobody who is a Canonist and in their right mind would have expected anything different. Thats just what you get from Canon.

No WiFi and no Swivel Screen, well those are a bit extravagant wishes. I will definitely agree that this camera would gain a lot from having WiFi, but it is my understanding that this does have a pretty tough metal body - and those dont work well with WiFi. And as much as I am fan of flipscreens - they arent as popular as they should be.

So in the sum - I hope you love the internet because its funny.

The desire for WiFi is a social media-driven thing.
WiFi gives you a whole lot dimension to your camera:

- You can remote control your camera with you smartphone.

- You can move your pictures to your smartphone - and publish them extremely quickly in the internet, send them by email, etc. This is in no way limited to just "social media" - for example, it allows a news reporter to publish their photos very quickly.

I was sceptic in the beginning, too, but I think WiFi is a most highly useful feature. As I already pointed out - sadly it doesnt go well with a full metal body. Thats why I wouldnt have expected it for the 7D2 - not that I expected anything at all from the 7D2, since I'm no Canonist and dont spend much thought on Canon cameras.

Imagine if it were in the 4/3 camp, and the body could take Olympus lenses!!!
Hu ?!?

Then it would be 4/3 and wouldnt have the same stats at all, so frankly I dont get your point.

And yes it would be great if companies would agree about lens mounts. But unfortunately they just dont.

We're never happy....
I'm pretty happy with the D750. Its all one could have expected from Nikon at this point, plus some nice extras I didnt expect on top, and at an affordable prince as well. This might actually be my last camera for a long time.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back