The Great Aussie Meetup 2005!

Where should the aussie meetup be?

• Total voters
Ter and Orie , I'll send out the private pink lear jet for you :lol:.
Be ready chicaroonies ....dont forget to pack ya thongs ( the ones for ya feet ;) ) , aeroguard , bikinis , hammocks and drinks and croc-be-gone :sillysmi:

I think we would be best to stay away from touristy things - and see things that are australian (or New Zealand - if it ends up there)... Like - we could go somewhere that has lots of dead trees - lol...

I wouldn't mind going anywhere else in AU... Maybe not perth - that could be pretty expensive... We could go Nth NSW, South QLD? That would make it a bit more central...

Maybe we should compile a list of places that everyone thinks would be good to see - and also good for photos? Then we can vote...

If you're gonna post somewhere we could go - maybe add a little bit about the place, or a link to a website?

fadingaway1986 said:
Karalee said:
And yer cozzies :LOL:

*laughs at you*

We call them togs... (I think you're talking about the things you wear in the water, right?)

I still think you call em cossies and togs, at least when I was in Australia thats what my friend was sayin to me "D'ya got yer cossie and sunnies mate?"

I'm happy to go anywhere (even though i voted QLD). I've been to all the places on the poll, but it's not so much the location but the people i'd be there to see!

P.S Welcome back Manda. Missed ya heaps :)

I'm happy to go anywhere (even though i voted QLD). I've been to all the places on the poll, but it's not so much the location but the people i'd be there to see!

P.S Welcome back Manda. Missed ya heaps :)

hey lucky! good see ya round these parts ;)

Here's a few QLD thoughts:

Fraser Island
Magnetic Island
Hitchinbrook Island (ok, any island, really)
Carnavon(?) Park
Blackdown Tablelands
Bunya Mountains
Glasshouse Mountains

I know Fraser Island is prolly touristy, but from what i've seen its also gorgeous and I've never been.

For QLD i would say keep it in the southern region. FNQ is good, but will increase the cost of peoples travel dramatically. Especially the KIWI connection of this get-together. The Glasshouse area might be good, but are we looking at a meetup or a photo shoot? If you want to just meet up and have a good time, the coast might be the place to be. If you want to specifically take photos of a new area then it's gunna be more difficult to satisfy everyones wants and wishes.
Just my 5 cents worth...
Trying to foresee costs of tours, hire cars, accom. time off work, travel time, etc

Most reactions

New Topics

Back