The Great Music Thread!!!!

Following on from K9Kirk another great Gordon Lightfoot song.

Oh, hell yeah! That's my favorite! Personally, I'm waiting for someone to do a documentary or movie on the wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald. (Tom Hanks as the Cap'n.)

This guy is one of the best singers you will ever hear but not so well known outside Australia I don't think?

Wow, what a vocal range! I like them, they remind me a little of "Men At Work" or "The FIXX" (I miss both bands) with their lyrics about freedom and resistance to power and greed. They should tour with a band from Australia I saw earlier this year, "Australian Pink Floyd."

Last edited:
My personal favorite from the king.

Since we're doing the "Blast From the Past" thing, here's a guy that had a good vocal range and could wail with the best. I love this song too because it illustrates what many experience.

Last edited:
This guy is one of the best singers you will ever hear but not so well known outside Australia I don't think?

Wow, what a vocal range! I like them, they remind me a little of "Men At Work" or "The FIXX" (I miss both bands) with their lyrics about freedom and resistance to power and greed. They should tour with a band from Australia I saw earlier this year, "Australian Pink Floyd."
This clip goes back a few years as he is 70 now and just tours around Australia with Olivia Newton John and other local legends

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Eddie Vedder and another Australian legend Mark Seymour do Seymour's song "through your arms around me". One of my favorite songs.

Eddie Vedder and another Australian legend Mark Seymour do Seymour's song "through your arms around me". One of my favorite songs.

Wow! Gave me chills. Great voices!
I think vocally Seymour blows him out of the water but then I am biased lol

Another guy probably not that well known outside Australia, Richard Clapton. And no, not related to Eric.

Wow! Gave me chills. Great voices!
I think vocally Seymour blows him out of the water but then I am biased lol

Biased or not, I think you're correct and I would bet good money that Eddie Vedder himself would agree. Seymour wails, it was his voice that gave me chills.

Something different.

Ran D - Hurricane

I just downloaded "Mariners Apartment Complex" by Lana Del Rey, there is a haunting quality to it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back