The greatest four words in the human language...

manaheim

Jedi Bunnywabbit
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
"On truck for delivery."

D800 will be in my grubby paws tomorrow.

WOOT.

Now I just need to buy 48 more memory cards and a 10TB NAS and 12 batteries to keep up with it.

Head->desk.

:lol:

lol I like the bunny!!

Yer just noticing the bunny now?

You don't love me anymore.

:lol:

How come Nikon is sending MY D800 to YOU?!?!?!!?!?:grumpy:

Waiting for an order and it still says "processing". Placed the order on Friday...
(Not camera gear ... hot sauce. 1.1 million SHU hot sauce...)

I've been a bad girl. I haven't been on that much of late. I know you're the Princess Bride guy on FB....lol

I've been a bad girl. I haven't been on that much of late. I know you're the Princess Bride guy on FB....lol

INCONCEIVABLE!!! (or however you spell that)

How come Nikon is sending MY D800 to YOU?!?!?!!?!?:grumpy:

heh. Sorry man. I had to stalk a lot of websites to make that happen. I have to believe my workplace wondered why I visited Nikonrumors 300x a day... and ultimately that's what did it. Caught that BestBuy had them available, ordered within 10 minutes of them posting the article (while blatantly ignoring a meeting I was in), and managed to get lucky.

Now I have to go cancel all my other preorders.

Clearly going to the big places like B/H and Adorama does NOT work with these. There are too many people vying for a small number of cameras. My second-tier plan was also clearly a good one... hit a Wolf or Ritz camera in your area and order it there. I called 3-4 of them and they said they were pretty consistently getting their customers' orders filled in 2-3 weeks. That's WAY the hell better than, what? 5? 6 months? I mean I literally cancelled my adorama order for my D4 maybe four weeks ago, and I HAD to be one of the first people on the list for their pre-orders since I bought within MAYBE an hour of them announcing?

I only wish I had thought of the Ritz trick a few months ago. Dur.

Most reactions

Back