LeeLeeMelis

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Maine-but currently stationed in Okinawa, Japan
Website
www.mwbphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I had a great time photographing this mother/daughter couple. I'm really working on exposure and portraits of babies so please, C&C is very welcome. Thanks!

Attachments

• $edit.jpg
    $edit.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 158
  • $edit2.jpg
    $edit2.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 137
  • $edit3.jpg
    $edit3.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 139
that's really scary. Seriously, that hairy baby makes me feel really uneasy.

Weird...

I like the second photo though, it really captures a loving mood.

Wow...gorgeous baby! Kiddos that come out with that much hair usually have an overabundance later, so it seems!:lol: How old is she?

BTW...

#1 Great capture, love it. I would have included the baby's entire hand in the photo, though. Only other gripe is that the right edge of the picture is dark along the edge.

#2 Also, great shot. I would like this one with the contrast bumped up a bit.

#3 Beautiful shot, again. I would like to see the babe's face in focus!

Great composition and nice lighting on all three. I would love to see your images full size in the post so that I can c&c more easily! Nice work!

The third one is f'in great! But it could've been even greater if you had the mom hold the baby a bit more to the left. And number 1 is too tight, I mean the point of it is to compare the mom's hands and the size of the baby right? Then show more of mom's hands. For number 2, try something different, like including the baby's head I'm sure she'll be staring at you funny because of your proximity and awkward angle to her when taking the picture.

I can't believe there's only few responses to this set! These are lovely!

Thanks so much for your kind words. I always have trouble with people checking out my posts for some reason. Maybe they're all just challenging me to post some totally amazing shots. The first photo was actually to capture the baby laughing, I didnt intend to show the relation of the moms hand to the baby's. I personally prefer a nice tight crop. I saw that third one somewhere else and loved it. I always love photogrphing the baby's feet and it was a great way to capture the little one's feet.

Thanks again for your kind words, I'll keep posting if you keep viewing and helping me out!!

I made some changes with all of your help. I'm addicted to a few actions at the moment. Let me kow what you think of these changes. Thanks!
I like the original version better, though it could use a bit vignetting. And the mother's skin is amazing in number 3! Did you do something to it?

OP: I really like the edits...I like the bump in contrast on #2 and I like how you brightened #3. I also like the tight crop (other than cutting off the baby's hand!) of #1. I just can't say enough how you caught a great expression in that photo...I see it as capturing such an expression on such a young, young baby...the mama's hands are not the focus.

I use Photobucket to host my images. To post a larger photo I just click on the IMG code underneath the image and copy it directly into the message box. It should show up as the picture when you submit your post! Hope that helps!;)

what a cute baby. I love all that hair and those are some great looking photos. My girls all have tons of hair when they were born too so everyone one thought they were/are much older. My youngest was sporting a mohawk at 8 weeks old LOL.

Most reactions

Back