The Hanging Strawberry

LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
My mother-in-law bought herself some strawberry plants and instead of putting them into the ground, she put them up into hanging baskets. There they seem to be thriving, too, and my mother-in-law (at now 83) is saved from having to stoop in order to pick them.

This one was ripe and made a nice motif when we all gathered at my parents-in-law's for their joint birthday party on Sunday - and I think my little point-and-shoot digital captured it quite well... and the result makes me wonder if I really want to give it to my sister at Christmas (she'd pay some for it) so I can get the DSLR?

a_HngeErdbeereOmaIlse_wsz.jpg

Well, yes, it is strange, of course. They are not called "Erdbeeren" (which would literally translate into "Earth Berries") for nothing in my language: they grow far below right above the soil. So it is a funny "flower decoration" indeed. Which I liked. (Until my niece plucked this beautiful fruit off and stuffed it into her mouth, after everyone else had tiptoed around it with waterfalls gushing in their mouthes....!)

Great shot LaFoto. Ya can even see the little "hairs" on it. Nice work. Now we need some whipped cream. :D

yummy.. it'll look more yummy with chocolate coating..

Most reactions

New Topics

Back