The Harbor

Rick50

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
We had a rain storm end yesterday and that usually means clear air so I went downtown to the Marina and did this scene again. Wish there were some clouds left over. 1st image is a 2 shot panorama. Both are 3 shot HDR.
141204-6305hdr_pan-L.jpg

141204-6311hdr-L.jpg

Looks like pretty clean air to me (sans marine layer). I really like the buildings in #2, but the rip rap is too dominating for my tastes. I would have liked to have seen it as a border not centered in the image. The top pano is classic. The HDR is implemented with an elegance of finesse and good taste.

Looks like pretty clean air to me (sans marine layer). I really like the buildings in #2, but the rip rap is too dominating for my tastes. I would have liked to have seen it as a border not centered in the image. The top pano is classic. The HDR is implemented with an elegance of finesse and good taste.
I think I agree. Now, I am assuming you mean the palm tree. If you mean the rocks, that's intentional.
I pondered even posting but did anyway. Some thing just happen. :)

Last edited:
Spot on Rick50 great job your best work to date on HDR

I think I agree. I pondered even posting but did anyway. Some thing just happen. :)
LOL ... I have so have stuff on my site that I
I think I agree. Now, I am assuming you mean the palm tree. If you mean the rocks, that's intentional.
I pondered even posting but did anyway. Some thing just happen. :)
No the rocks. I just don't think the rocks (rip rap) should be front and center when there are much more interesting and attention grabbing elements in the photo. That's just my opinion, we all see and shoot differently.

Really nice work Rick :icon_thumbsup:

the first one is really nice. the second the rocks are kind of giving me a leading line to no where. I do really like that first though.

I actually like the rocks in the second one. Adds some texture. to contrast with the smoothness of the water.

Most reactions

Back