The Harvard

AIRIC

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.airic.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I’m a member of the Canadian Harvard Aircraft Association and this weekend is a formation refresher weekend where the pilots come together and practice for the up-coming airshow season. The morning we were able to get in a few flights before the weather closed in and the skies opened up. Hopefully tomorrow we will have better luck with the weather.

DSC_1140.jpg

DSC_3866.jpg

DSC_1145.jpg

DSC_3885.jpg

DSC_3905.jpg

We have a three plane aerobatic team and these are the pilots walking through their routine before the practice flight
DSC_4001.jpg

DSC_4081.jpg

DSC_4043.jpg

DSC_4107.jpg

Then the rain came
DSC_4138.jpg

DSC_1181.jpg

DSC_1193.jpg

A local crop duster that was spraying in the area
DSC_4169.jpg

DSC_3960.jpg

We had twelve aircraft on the field and tomorrow we hope to put up a flight of nine if the weather cooperates.

Eric

Some great pic's here Eric, Lovin' # 3, 4, 7. 9 .11 and 12. What type of planes are the yellow ones? I have always loved this style of aircraft.

Randy

Oh YEAH! Grrrreat series. 1, 7 and 11 are my faves. The weather sure wasn't cooperative today...hope tomorrow is better. Look forward to seeing more pics.

Randog, These are called Harvards in Canada, in the US they are called T-6 Texans. They are a World War Two era training aircraft. A lot of my air to air photography shots are taken out of the back seat of these aircraft, they are a good solid photo platform. This is a link to an aerobatic shoot I did with the team last year.

http://www.airic.ca/html/harvard_aerobatics.html

Eric

Quite impressive series shots of this Harvard aircraft on your site. It must be such a rush to be able to capture those shots and very well I would add, knowing that you have got to be kind of disoriented during flight! Thanks for the info

Stunning shots eric! haven't seen em better
great series :D
tfs

:)

Thanks, it was a blast. I think I got to much sun today and I'm a little red in the face. Had another good day shooting.

Eric

Great shots, love the storm cloud shots the best

Excellent images Airic. Love em all.

great series eric, really like #11, the ominous sky keeping the planes grounded... :thumbup:

Most reactions

Back