The "Hierarchy of Hotness"

That is so completely disgusting.

Thanks for posting. Even if I WAS a size 0, and I could fit into thier clothes, I still wouldn't shop there . . . and that's without seeing that disgusting article.

Sorry, to me size 0 is disgusting....you know what they are doing all day.

:puke-rig::puke-rig::puke-rig:

I'm way to superficial to get into this conversation.

Three things
a) I don't shop there because there clothes are stupid
b) It's the way they choose to do business, I don't understand why anyone even cares?
c) If you don't like the way you're treated at a soul-less company like that, leave? stop whining to get some attention.

who cares?

who cares?
This is a unique situation in which beautiful people are being discriminated in the workplace –albeit in favour or people who are even more beautiful than them. The irony is delicious.

Then again, irony is not for everyone, so I can't blame you.

Last edited:
I say let them I love the fact that the company and it's marketing are so shallow it helps me pick out friends and potential girlfriends (if you're wearing Abercrombie&Fitch you're not on the potential list (a small percentage of A&E clothes might be acceptable if you're a math major...))

So...the great "Abercrombie Experiment."

years ago, back in high school, a friend of mine received a gift card to A&F from someone oblivious to the fact that we didn't exactly think too much about the place. Rather than give it away, we decided to do some science.

He went to the store, and bought the ugliest, brightest, most obnoxious thing they had there, a bright yellow t-shirt in this case. He and all of our group of friends took turns wearing it, so that someone had it on every day for around 2 weeks. We tallied up the number of people we didn't know who talked to us for no apparent reason on the day we had the shirt vs. when we didn't.

The results were startling. The top 'hello' getter received around 15-16 hellos more than usual, and the lowest was 6. Can clothes make you popular among the shallow teenage crouds? Sadly, yes.

So...the great "Abercrombie Experiment."

years ago, back in high school, a friend of mine received a gift card to A&F from someone oblivious to the fact that we didn't exactly think too much about the place. Rather than give it away, we decided to do some science.

He went to the store, and bought the ugliest, brightest, most obnoxious thing they had there, a bright yellow t-shirt in this case. He and all of our group of friends took turns wearing it, so that someone had it on every day for around 2 weeks. We tallied up the number of people we didn't know who talked to us for no apparent reason on the day we had the shirt vs. when we didn't.

The results were startling. The top 'hello' getter received around 15-16 hellos more than usual, and the lowest was 6. Can clothes make you popular among the shallow teenage crouds? Sadly, yes.

I remember you telling me that story a couple of years ago, and considered mentioning it in my response above. Good stuff.

Size zero is great. You can invite them out for dinner and it costs like $2.50. But that's the only benefit.

Interesting... I wonder if the results would be different by country. My observation is that in United States we are way to superficial. We are a country of posers.

SUVs == outgoing, adventurous (in fact, most are not off-road worthy nor taken off pavement)
Tan == healthy, active (healthy? nope)
Big house == successful (but badly in debt)
Skinny == healthy attractive (anorexic look?)
and the list goes on.

We are attracted by it... we love branding.. it sells... we love seeing celebretes define the next fad. I once had a discussion with someone about a similar topic who felt that our (US) attitude towards superficial things is what drives our high divorce rate. I didn't agree... but thought it was an interesting hypothesis.

Personally, I like down to earth women with curves and a little "meat" on their bones... so no "size zeros" for me. I married one. She's even a couple inches taller than me.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back