I am Big, I am Mike
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.mikehodson.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Today I sent our field guy out to measure a rig for me. It's a bit of an odd job because the frame they made is very poorly done...actually that's not odd, it's quite common...but this one is just really bad.

Anyway, the point is that he took our company digi-cam and this is what all the images look like.

Rig-fromcamera.jpg

I checked the settings and the only thing that was off, was that the AWB was set to fluorescent. I set it to AUTO and tried some test shots...same thing.

Image quality is not what's important here, I just need to see the frame so that I know how to design the fabric covers. I did some quick editing so that I could see the frame better.

Rig-after.jpg

Not great, but it will work for me.

What's really weird, is the pattern that becomes evident when the image is adjusted so drastically. It's pretty consistent in most of the photos...especially in the blown out sky areas. It's even more noticeable in some of the other images.

I'm just curious if any one has seen this before? Or knows what it is? The camera is evidently toast...I guess that's what they get for spending a whole $100 CDN for it.

That's very odd. It sure looks fried to me. :scratch:

Did you want this post here in OT, Mike? I'll be happy to move it, unless you deliberately posted here.

Yes, I put it here in O.T.

It's not really something I wanted to show off in the gallery...and it's not really a photography question....more of a wtf?

Thanks though.

Big Mike said:
Yes, I put it here in O.T.

It's not really something I wanted to show off in the gallery...and it's not really a photography question....more of a wtf?

Thanks though.
:thumbsup:

wait. so you didnt add the pattern in the background? thats uber odd. I've had my hands on plenty a peice of junk digitals and never have i seen this. maybe it's magical and those are alien waves of mindcontrol...maybe.

Most reactions

Back