The humble pine cone

kevinglover

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi guys,

I always enjoy coming to this forum and looking at all the beautiful pictures of eaglets, foxes, etc. For lack of neat wildlife near my campus I settled for a pine cone, and I would love to have your C&C of this shot!

Thanks so much for your time,

Kevin $pine cone (1 of 1).jpg

This is the first time I am posting C&C, and am not sure that I am qualified to do so. But I have been told that GIVING C&C is a good way to learn.

So, here goes: I kind of like the composition although I think I would have had the pine cone take up more space in the picture. The pine cone is underexposed and out of focus. The overexposed sky and highlights on the needles make it a little hard on the eyes.

Good critique, Bev. When I look at it closely, there is nothing in the image in focus. While OOF images can be used as a technique it is rare and almost always by a far more accomplished photographer. I'd say back to the drawing board, Kevin. Time to reshoot.

I have to agree with the other two here. There's really nothing to salvage in this shot.The pine cone is too small to be of any interest. The sky is blown out and the pine cone it's self isn't much more then a silhouette. Then there's the focus issue pointed out by CB.
Hey, if they were all wall hangers, it wouldn't be much of a hobby. Nice try, and sneak up on that pine cone again. There still may be a photo hiding there.

Thanks for the C&C guys, you rock! I'm still learning, which is a lot of fun!

Most reactions

Back