The iPhone is Friggen Awesome!

I love the iDevice but the phone part of it sucks.

Its the only mobile phone, this is my 11th, I've owned that can't forward a txt message!! Someone sends me a txt joke and I can't even forward it to anyone!

Its the only camera phone, this is my 7th one, I've owned that cant send or receive MMS. fine I can email it to someone but i only know 4 people with email on their phones.

epp_b said:
CTRL+C, CTRL+V.

You lose.
Sadly we do
It's the only 'smart phone', this is my 4th, I've owned that can't copy / paste.

It is the only phone I've owned with bluetooth, 5th one, that can't send or recieve pictures or ringtones

It's the only phone with GPS I've owned, 2nd one, that can't give you turn by turn instructions

Yes the internet is good but the browser is sooooo buggy its pointless

1000s of Apps? well maybe 100s but lets be honest here how many are really all that good? So far I have found 3 that are good, not including games.

Speaking of Apps, what are your favourites?

Mine are:-

Photoswap
my rail lite
facebook

no credit crunch around here then?

I can't afford such luxury goods :(

...Unless one of you lovely people want to buy me one for Christmas?

I really like mine as well. As Andy pointed out, it has its flaws (a few that will hopefully be remedied soon), but it also has a lot of good features. As far as apps go, I like Shazam (Music ID), Pandora Radio, Facebook, AIM, Showtimes, and some games.

As far as people who just have phones for calling and thats it, theres nothing wrong with that, but I've never seen why it's an argument against more advanced phones, or a reason not to like them. :p We all have different needs and wants. :p

have a phone, have a laptop with wifi .. no need for anything in between.

phone is for text messages and talking ..
Understandable, I do have a laptop, many places I work don't offer Wi-Fi, so the pretty speedy 3G comes in handy, like right now I'm I'm sitting here in a hotel ballroom running some lighting from 8-1:00. I finished my light programing hours before that. I can also pullup some referance sheets for the fixtures I am using to check dmx values and gobos and a few conveniences like that.

Understandable, I do have a laptop, many places I work don't offer Wi-Fi, so the pretty speedy 3G comes in handy, like right now I'm I'm sitting here in a hotel ballroom running some lighting from 8-1:00. I finished my light programing hours before that. I can also pullup some referance sheets for the fixtures I am using to check dmx values and gobos and a few conveniences like that.

If you were lucky enough to download NetShare a few months ago (like I was :D), the iPhone is awesome when paired on the road with a laptop. I was in Nowheresville, PA for thanksgiving in a place that looks at you funny for saying 'internet', and I had a nice connection through my phone.

Edit: I love most things about it, but Apple can take their "walled garden" app store rules and shove them where the sun don't shine. Let the developers develop interesting and useful apps, for goodness sake!

Faces are too greasy to be holding a smooth piece of plastic up to your face and then having a topographical map to wipe off after you call... At least you can't see in on the buttons of a normal phone.

I won an iPOD touch at a golf tournament. I would probably never buy something like this for myself but I must admit that it's pretty cool. It would be a lot more useful if there were more WiFi hot spots around here. Now that I do have it, I wouldn't mind having the iPhone so that I don't have to carry the iPOD and my phone as well.

I also have an iPhone and I consider it the best phone on the earth! Seriously, all those crapy phones coming out lately aren't even close to iPhone. Before, I owned a phone with a slightly better camera, but now I understand that it's not the camera that makes a phone good. Anyway, even the 5mpx camera phones have crappy image quality.
I enjoy the ease of use, the large screen, the invincible multi-touch and the way it syncs with my mac. Put simply, iPhone has it all! :)

Don't forget about the apps ;)

I also have an iPhone and I consider it the best phone on the earth! Seriously, all those crapy phones coming out lately aren't even close to iPhone. Before, I owned a phone with a slightly better camera, but now I understand that it's not the camera that makes a phone good. Anyway, even the 5mpx camera phones have crappy image quality.
I enjoy the ease of use, the large screen, the invincible multi-touch and the way it syncs with my mac. Put simply, iPhone has it all! :)

Don't forget about the apps ;)

I've gotta say...the new HTC G1 (Android) is just as good

i think i may pick up a blackberry storm on the 15th when i can upgrade with verizon. basically uber excited....i looked at the iphone for a while but no way i can afford the monthly payments. with the storm momz pays for the voice and all i have to do is pay for the data plan.

i think i may pick up a blackberry storm on the 15th when i can upgrade with verizon. basically uber excited....i looked at the iphone for a while but no way i can afford the monthly payments. with the storm momz pays for the voice and all i have to do is pay for the data plan.

I'm almost ready to board that ship too..... I've been eligible for an upgrade for the past 3 years. Verizon's service is good but their prices and phone selection are bad. I have been using my treo (650 then 700p) for the past 5 years simply because they had nothing else worth jumping too. The treos served well for both personal fun as well as business/productivity. Browser on the treo's are painful to use... grr...

Looks like the Blackberry storm is my next ticket (assuming I still have favorable opinion of it).... tired of waiting for Palm vaporware.

The G1 just didnt do it for me. Not a fan of the design. :-\

Maybe all of our phones will look like junk compared to the new Microsoft phone coming out soon. I hope it comes in "poop brown" like the Zune.

It was kind of out of place for me to get an iphone, I used to have a 200 minute plan and I would get pissed off when people sent me text messages.

But it has really been quite nice, I already had two shows this week where I had about 5 hours to kill each day.

There was some website that my friend went to, where you answer a few survey questions and would match you with the best fitting phone.

Most reactions

Back