The Island (10 pics)

you did a grat job with your island! lot's of details in it, and I especially like your "seawater". Did you just mix different acrilic colours together?

I am deeply impressed by many an aspect of this island that is mostly made out of papier maché and matches (and the real plants stolen from the school garden, psssssst ;)), and one aspect that I like so much is depicted by Sabine in Photo 8 where the water laps up the rock.

Plus I like her view of that "jungle animal" (#s 6 and 7) in Photo 7 where she deeply dipped into her island with the camera to get the view on that animal as seen from the matchbox-bridge.

I might show you photos of Sabine while she was taking her pics later, and a couple of my photos of her (and her friend's) island, too, if you are interested.

i really like the angles on 2 and 6 :eek:)
that garden is so creative! i love the matchstick bridge!

What a great project, you did a fantastic job! I'll have to show my son, he start school next year and is very afraid that all homework will be horrible and boring ;)

When she came home with the island, or rather: when she phoned me and asked me to collect her from school by car since she was sure she'd not be able to bring the island home in the school bus (and I have to agree: it would have been too much of a challenge) and she came out of the school building with this in her hands, I was very, very impressed.

I knew she was working on it and had seen her church being built at home, and the matchstick houses, and listened to her telling me about the "wonderful water we made", but I had never imagined this!

A pity that the whole island is all wilted by now ... she'd either have to put in new plants at regular intervals or spread some real humus all over it (but the foundation is only carton paper, and it is heavy as it is!) so that the plants would grow ... but how should we water them? Most of this is papier maché!!!

I should show you some of my pics and those of Sabine taking these pics, maybe?

wow...I love the last blue flavoured photos....very lovely....I'm obsessed with blue now :D

nice series sabine... you did a neat job of capturing your 'island'
love the last one!
thanks for sharing :)

ahaha at first i though it was an island then i saw it on a table! either way id like to say Nice Work. your finally awake!!!:thumbsup:

I like #6 alot...and for some reason, it reminds me of the tree-drawing of Simba in the Lion King :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back