weepete

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.petecrawford.co.uk
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Well 2013 is not shaping out too well for me so far. So I'm needing to vent for a bit about my woes and the trials and tribulations that's shaped my life this year. Please feel free to add your own story to this thread if your year has not been great either so far.

For me there has been a lot of stuff going on. Money is tighter than it has been over the past few years and there is a bit of talk at work about changes in my industry which might mean I'll be out of a job next year. One of my good old friends from mt school days ended up in hospital and had to have heart bypass surgery. A couple of weeks back I was on a Stag do and one of my mate's lost his balance doing a dirty dancing manover with the groom (who btw was dressed as princess peach) and managed to split his eyebrow open severing the muscle from his skull and resulting in a 24hrs spent on a visit to A&E and then getting him to the plastic surgery unit (different hospital) and getting him stitched back up. My big cousins Mrs died, my best mates mother in law ended up having to have cardiac surgery while she was abroad in France and a few trips back and forth and hassels with translation, communication and transfers back to the UK, one of my other cousins got diagnosed with cancer and is having chemotherapy, my mrs' mom is pretty much going into heart failure, I found out tonight that one of my other best mates is in hospital with a PE (aka a pretty serious blood clot which could have a 20% chance of him dying) and to cap it all my wee sister is just recovering from a heart transplant.

Too much time spent in hospitals latley. Thankfully we Scots have a slang term for this - It's been "Just Pure Baws". For those that need a translation baws essentially means rubbish, but with a bit more connitation meaning the rubbishest of rubbish. The "pure" is used for emphasis and to illustrate that it is nothing else but rubbish. At least Scottish slang is brilliant.

You and your family and friends have my sympathy.

Hoo boy. Well, if it makes you feel any better... hearing your woes puts a way different perspective on some of mine!

Good luck man.

Weepete, are you a country & western fan by any chance?

Last edited by a moderator:
In a similar boat mate.

This year has been an absolute battle, from January 15th on I can fairly say this has been the hardest year yet.

But... All in all, I'm just happy my woman and two girls are healthy

Can't ask for much more right now.

Stay strong!

Well, keep plugging away, day by day, one foot in front of the other.

At least Scottish slang is brilliant.

No argument there. :) Just pure baws is something I'd never heard of before - just sorry I'm hearing it because of your crappy year. Hang in there, sweet pea! :hug:: I hope it gets better soon for your family and friends.

Sending hugs your way! Hope things start getting better for you and your family.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back