The Kelvinator! (and other random shots)

Unimaxium

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Northeastern University, originally from Philly
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I took a roll of Fuji Superia Reala the other day, and all I can say is _wow_. They came out awesome. This is a great film. Very high quality and tiny grain. I mostly took the roll to test out the film (as well as just to play around with my new camera). I tested out taking long exposure night shots for the first time and they came out very nice. With a little practice and experience I think I can do even better. The end of the roll was saved for the next morning, when I took the daytime shots below. I hope you like these. Comments are welcome.

Here's the Kelvinator I mentioned in the thread title. It is just a refrigeration unit in a restaurant (took it yesterday morning near the end of the roll). It came out with really nice colors IMHO. I also like the DOF, although it might or might not be better with the food in focus instead.
crop0004.jpg

Here are two night shots taken looking across the Delaware River towards New Jersey.
crop0003.jpg

crop0006.jpg

Another night shot taken of a tree from above
glow.jpg

Two shots of a snow-covered basketball court looking towards center city
crop0008.jpg

crop0010.jpg

This one is probably my favorite. It's this neat mosaic art that's all along these houses on this block of a small street. There are also more mosaics like these in other places around Philadelphia too. They're known locally as "isaics" because they guy who mainly does them is named Isaiah.
crop0009.jpg

And that's it for the ones I've scanned. Hope you like them :)

Picture #4 is very nice. Very crisp and subtle colors. I was going to say the street light distracts somewhat but now I'm not sure. The more I look at it the more I like it.

I know what you mean about the streetlight. I tried another one where I cropped out the light, but by then I had already resized this one and added the border so I didn't want to bother with it any more. The one where the light pole's really a problem is #6.

Upon seeing your title, I was imagining a picture of my college dorm room buddy. The really old school Kelvintor fridge. It was a legend on campus and many visitor came by to see the old beauty. Personally I don't think the new generation fridge holds as much class. Nice photo though....

Most reactions

Back