The Key

K9Kirk

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Been waiting for some time for a chance to get out to Egmont Key (part of old Ft. DeSoto that guarded the inlet into the bay) to see what's left of the old fort on Tuesday and finally got the pictures I wanted. I think these pics represent the place pretty well. If you're ever in St. Pete this should be on your "sites to see" list. The ride on the ferry out to the key was pretty cool, too. Got to see dolphins and freighters up close (but not too close. ) and the captain was pretty entertaining ...

645-egmont-key-boat-(2)-f.jpg

573-bunkers--gun-station-(2)-f.jpg

511-light-house-(2)-f.jpg

703-egmont-key-old-power-plant-(2)-f.jpg

896-log-beach-(2)-f.jpg

6 A Willet
774-Willet-on-beach-(2)-f.jpg

7 A Gopher Tortoise
690-Gopher-Tortoise-(2)-f.jpg

739-egmont-key-sea-art-(2)-f.jpg

799-egmont-key-bubbly-wake-(2)-f.jpg

Last edited:
Good set K. You certainly have some vibrant, scenic colours where you are. Once the leaves drop here we've about 4 months of drab greyness to look forward to.:D

Good set K. You certainly have some vibrant, scenic colours where you are. Once the leaves drop here we've about 4 months of drab greyness to look forward to.:D

Thanks. We have the best weather this time of year with temps between 75 and 80 degrees with a lot of sun and nice breezes. I love it when the wind blows through my lo .... stubbly hair. :icon_sunny:

How's the anky doing? You getting around ok?

Me on a terrible fall day. (unprocessed jpeg)

596-selfie.jpg

Last edited:
I walked 8 miles today but it's still fairly swollen.

I like the tactical use of the cap, thereby covering your slap head:D:D;)

Haaa, ha! If I hadn't worn that cap my head would've been redder than a lobsters arse in July.

Not telling you what to do mate but that much walking may be aggravating and inflaming it.

How long do you stay on the island? Nice pics

Haaa, ha! If I hadn't worn that cap my head would've been redder than a lobsters arse in July.

Not telling you what to do mate but that much walking may be aggravating and inflaming it.
Yeah, I think has a wee bit.

How long do you stay on the island? Nice pics

Thanks. It lasts 4 hrs. total, 30 minutes each way there and back and 3 hours on the key. A bit of info ... It's called a key because it has no fresh water on it like an island does. I didn't know that until the captain told me the difference between the two. Learn something new every day. ;)

Most reactions

Back