The Lake

vonDrehle

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This was up at by our mountain house. I was trying to capture the feel of the lake.
1232.jpg

Any suggestions are appreciated.

It feels awfully magenta at the moment. ;) I think you went overboard with the hue button, your clouds aren't even white anymore. I'd tone it down a bit and see how it looks, for starters. :)

What equipment did you use?

Only today I got a couple of prints back from the lab. The clouds in all those that I took with the polarizer have come out this pink. It get worse after scanning! And it all looked so promising through the viewfinder...

So maybe this is a scanned print and the photo was taken with a polariser?
On Fujicolor C200?
And the awful magenta hue is the effect?

So maybe this is a scanned print and the photo was taken with a polariser?
On Fujicolor C200?
And the awful magenta hue is the effect?
That's why I asked about equipment. ;) We prefer to see technical info accompany images that are submitted to the critique forum, and this is a classic example as to why. There could be a variety of reasons for the magenta cast here.

LaFoto, if I got prints back like you described, I'd be camping out on the doorstep till they re-printed. :shock: That would be unacceptable!

The thing is: I only pay 1 ct. for a print and that is why I feel I have no right to complain. If I should re-order and pay the higher price for the manufacturing of a second print, I'd insist on better quality, though.

Here is the original...
Copyof1.jpg

For editing all I did was multiply it

I didn't using anything special for it. My Canon Elan 7ne with Kodak 400 film.

Multiply means what?

(I prefer the original - I might have lowered luminosity just a tad and increased contrast an equal tad).

LaFoto said:
Multiply means what?

(I prefer the original - I might have lowered luminosity just a tad and increased contrast an equal tad).

Multipy is a photoshop blending mode. I'll post a larger version, didn't realize that one got shrunk down so much.

Ah, thanks.
(I am the one here who understands next to nothing about photoshop, I'm afraid).

This one also got shrunk down but I tried to do what you said with this one.
Lake112.gif

Luminosity 94%
Contrast +7

That is a marked improvement over the original post! The reflected water in the distance is now blue, and I can also see the detail of the trees on the hillside to the center left. You really opened it up. :thumbup:

Looks like a beautiful place! :D

LaFoto, you say you don't understand much about PS, but your suggestions here were spot-on. :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back