The last free wedding? (series, 5 pics)

Canon Fan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
One of my VERY good friends got married on saturday and I took the camera along. They did have a primary photographer that they paid for so once again I was playing second fiddle and trying to stay out of her way. Of course many people found it a little bothersome when she started simply following me around half way through the night and taking the same shots I did after I set them up or waited for them. Thats the third wedding in a row now! So maybe either I am finally getting the hang of this enough to do paid weddings or these photogs are just getting lazy! Anyway they told me that they didn't have me do it because they wanted me to have a good time and not be working. I simply told them that shooting pics was FUN! And not work. In the end it was a great time and they got close to 320 freebie pics from the reception. Plus they were awfully happy I was there when there paid photog split after the first hour of the reception since things ran late (which was when the groomsmen started singing and the groom played the drums!) so I guess I got a couple hours of exclusivity :mrgreen: Anyway enough ramblings I'll get to some of the pics . . .

The happy couple . . .

1-bw-810-copy.jpg

The groom playing drums . . .

2-rgb-5x7-copy.jpg

In a world of their own (too bad the bar got in the pic :( )

4-bw-810.jpg

One of my personal favorites . . .

3-bw-810-copy.jpg

Dancing . . .

2-rgb-810-copy.jpg

Also I guess it will really pay to have been there with the camera because I have secured a position as the PAID photog for two wedding next year! One in May and another in late July. I'm going to need some more memory cards!! :confused:

You've got some great shots there! I think the last two are my favorites. Congrats on the wedding bookings! Things change a little when you are the hired photographer...it's still fun but it is more "work" including contracts, back up equipment, deadlines, etc.

Definitely nice shots. Captured the moment very well.

I've kind of worked my way into a niche with friends & family, regarding wedding photography. I tell them to hire a pro for the ceremony & formal portraits...and I do the rest. Maybe someday I will do it all...but I don't feel I have the equipment & experience to do that yet.

I usually start with the girls in the morning...the getting ready process. Then the guys if there is time and it's not too far to travel. I concentrate on candids & guests during the ceremony...and keep an eye on the pro or pros. If they are getting good coverage, I relax...but if I see something that they are missing, or if they just can't be in two places at once...I jump in.

Same deal during the formals...lots of opportunity for candids. Then when the reception starts up...I run the show and take over the photo duties...or at least share them with the 87 guests and their digicams. :lol:

those are really cool...love the first one...and your favorite is one of my favorites...

love them, and yes, time to start charging.....way to go!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back