the light of inspiration

StvShoop

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.rpi.edu
PICT4771.jpg

took this one a few weeks ago. this guy is a fantastic professor. too bad he was only with my class for a few weeks.
my computer functionality is limited right now, but maybe people have suggestions for me to try later? looking at this one on a crt screen, the foreground is way too dark. i think the cropping also needs some more work.
i wonder if anyone else sees it, the light on the back of the girl's neck seems to me like the light of thought catalyzed by the lecture. maybe that's corny, but it gave the photo a little more wow effect for me :wink:

edit: disregard that gray stripe if you can... i put that there to use this image as my desktop wallpaper (to get the right proportions), and forgot to get rid of it

I get a kick off of the professor's expression. He seems very passionate. I can only imagine what he is speaking about. The foreground is a little tough. I think playing with the crop will help. Personally the highlight on the women's neck is confusing to me. I am not sure where it is coming from.

ah, i see what you're saying about the face. yes, prime_vci, that's what i was trying to show, but perhaps i didn't catch him at quite the right moment.
thanks craig, i didn't notice that the light was sourceless :eek: if i cropped it larger, maybe...

hi core :cheer: i haven't dropped off the planet yet

i had some more shots of this scene, but my hard drive may be blanked out. never leave your laptop on the tv with the cord flailing on the ground.

"Looks like you caught him too unnatural for my tastes.. eyes closed, mouth awkward, you get the idea."

Agreed... don't like the angle much either, those two people are basically in the way. It would be ok if you had a straight shot to the guy or if they created a natural "path" to him, but they don't...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back