The little things...

bace

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
that bother.

Ok, so I complain a lot about people/things at my work. Mostly just to vent about the situation when it has, or is happening. All in all I like people and my job.

BUT, One thing that aggrivates the living be-jebus out of me, is the automated operators. I'm sure most have you have had the pleasure of dealing with these. I know just recently my local cable/cellular/internet service provider have switched to an automated operator along with my banking institution, which is absulutely friggin wonderful. Considering these are the only two services I actually need to call on a regular basis *EFF*.

First, it's no longer a robot voice. I'm sure some genious decided it would be a great idea to add a more "personable" robot. An actual person, recorded like he/she is your best friggin friend. If anyone has called Rogers in Canada I'm sure you know how bad I already want to kill the mofo who had the pleasure of recording this crap.

Automated Operator: "Hi, and welcome to Rogers....how may I be of service for you today?"
*you can start by shutting the hell up and letting me talk to a person.*
Me: "Costomer Service"
AO: "I'm sorry I didn't hear that. If you would like service in English please say..."
Me: "English!"
AO: "Did you say...English?"
Me: "YES!"
AO: "OK, what would you like to do today?"*I'd like to kill the individual who thought you would be a great effing replacement for good old button pressing. You know the kind where I already knew the effing buttons I was gonna use and didn't have listen to you bable on and waste my effing time!!!!*
Me: "Costomer Service!"
AO: "Did you say 'costomer service'"
Me: "YES!!!!"
AO: "OK, what kind of costomer service would you like?" *How many different kinds are there? Surely there's someone that could simply do everything for me? The kind that does CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!!!!
Me: "COSTOMER SERVICE"
AO: "I'm sorry, I didn't get that. Did you say 'Customer Service'?"
Me: "YES FOR THE LOVE OF GOD LET ME TALK TO AN EFFING HUMAN"
AO: "Ok, one moment let me connect you with one of our Customer Service reps" *OMG Thank effing god. Finally I get to talk to someone.*
AO: "First I'm going to need to know your ten digit phone number starting with the area code." *Stabs self in eye with cellular antenna!!!!*
Me: " *insert ten digit phone number here* "
AO: "Ok, let me see if I got that right, did you say *repeat ten digit phone number here* "
Me: "YESS!!!"
AO: "Ok...one moment" *THANK THE LORD!*
Operator: Good afternoon this is so and so from Rogers, Can you please give me you ten digit phone number starting with the area code?"

*are you effing serious. Didn't I just waste 30 seconds of my life telling that to an effing machine?*
*kills self*

Seriously, it was bad enough when companies took to automated tellers when you had to press the numbers, but now you have this voice recognition crap? I know someone somewhere was like "hey this would be a good idea!", and then someone else was like "You're right, lets pay money to royaly **** off our customers, so that when that actually do get to talk with a human they're so angry that our service wanna quit all the time and our turnover and training costs go up ten fold."

Idiots.

P.S. For those who hate my rants, I'm sorry. For those who don't, :sexywink: .

Bace-man,

when it first starts, say "operator." When she (why is it always a she?) starts talking again, interupt her and say "operator" again...that usually gets you right to a real person.

kelox said:
I just blurt random words and it says it didn't understand me and sends me to a person.
Good idea...

my uncle had a similar experience with "Simon" from United Airlines...
I absolutely hate it...don't get me wrong, if it could resolve my problems without actually talking to a person, I'd love it, but it never seems to do anything...

That annoys me so much..why do they ask for your account number or phone number in the voice command and then when a rep gets on the phone, they ask the same damn questions? IT makes no sense at all.

Base...

I think this is the first real rant that i have had the pleasure of reading but I loved it!

Been there. Done that! I feel ya!

I am going to have to try that theory on asking for the operator?!?!?

have I really been wasting all that time when its that simple?!?!?

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

n---->:p

ahhhh call centers.....

Every time someone brings a computer into work to make a warranty claim because of hardware failure I have to ring the manufacturer and find out what they want done with the machine - Hewlett Packard are the usual suspects and their call center is based in India which is very annoying be some of those goons hardly speak English!!

Out-sourcing to India: cutting costs and ****ing off HP users/service centres everywhere! :grumpy:

Xmetal said:
ahhhh call centers.....

Every time someone brings a computer into work to make a warranty claim because of hardware failure I have to ring the manufacturer and find out what they want done with the machine - Hewlett Packard are the usual suspects and their call center is based in India which is very annoying be some of those goons hardly speak English!!

Out-sourcing to India: cutting costs and ****ing off HP users/service centres everywhere! :grumpy:

Yeah apparently this is the biggest thing for large customer service centers all over north america.

My friend who works HR for IBM was telling me the same thing. So stupid, but companies don't actually care about customers anymore. Just making more money than they did last year.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back