The Lovely Wife

Photoboy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.clmcreative.com
We went on a "photowalk" today and I took this shot. I only adjusted the levels a little on the image and put the slight frame to it. Otherwise, it is untouched. What do you think?

MoGorgeous.jpg

i'm thinking change the depth of field a bit to make the background a little more blurry then your subject. this will make the model seem less flat or not at the same level as the palm trees in the background.

i think this is accomplished by lowering your F-stop.

excellent composition and pose. the camera angle takes away some of the model's beauty. A higher camera angle would do more to flatter the model's nose.

bp22hot said:
I think it is perfect the way it is except I agree with shooting at a higher angle. The background is not busy at all and is placed directly behind her so it works perfect. When shooting this type of shot you want the background in focus, to many use the DOF entirly to much to make a shot look better when a lil more time on the setup and you dont need it. (just my opinion). Great job but you wanna shot at a slight down angle when doing a shot like this.....

Also when shooting a person keep in mind the saying on the side mirrors of almost every car *objects are closer then they appear*. Have her relax the shoulder closet the camera and a slight lean towards the camera or even a slight streach of the head towards the camera

Great advice. Excellent critique. You've offered advice on how to remedy as well as pointing out misgivings and shortcomings. Well done, bp22hot.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back