The Martin (56K Warning)

Raddy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I took some photos of my dad's Martin guitar and experimented with shadows and lighting. Let me know what you guys think of them.

1. A sort of inverse silhouette; I added some heavy contrast to give a comic book-ish kind of feel.
625480527_dbf72a5889_b.jpg

2.The editing for this one didn't go as well as I had hoped, but I still like the picture.
625480567_b236e9f5c4_b.jpg

3. My second favorite. Not much edited except some blemishes on the guitar and a little bit of a lighting effect.
617965846_6e4a0822b2_b.jpg

4. Same photo again; I was curious to see if you guys liked it better in B&W or color.
617966632_44d2dba719_b.jpg

5. The headstock...I only just noticed the sloppy photoshopping on the keys. I'll clean it up and re-post this one.
626419458_9041403cdf_b.jpg

6. My favorite picture. Required almost no post-processing.
617966842_baa594bab0_b.jpg

Let me know what you think, thanks again!

Sorry, but none of these really make me want to have that guitar(which is weird cause I really want to buy a martin lol). I like the idea of #1, but its still just too dark. #2 feels soft to me for some reason, maybe stop down a little. #3 I like, definitely in color over b&w. Crop maybe just a little too tight #5 is good, nice vintage look to it, maybe clean up some of the dust specs in PS. #6 I like the most as well, cept for the reflected lighting you get on the side of the guitar, but not much you can do about it. Still a great shot.

The B+W is by far the best, but again, none of these grab me, and if im gonna photoshop a photo, dont do it half hartedly, it looks like something you have thrown together in paint!
I would have another go, try with the guitar in a stand, and then play with the lighting if you have a desk lamp or something.

I really like the black and white one. But the photoshopping isnt very good, too sloppy.

Martin photos v2.0 I made the photoshopping suck a little bit less and have reposted photos 1, 2, and 5. Thanks for the feedback guys!

Most reactions

Back