The May Photos are Here! Congrats rsilfverberg!

Which photo is your favorite?

• Total voters
good stuff here!

one thing.. am i the only one who finds the rating system and comments here a bit annoying...? :scratch: i don't want to be influenced by other folks opinions whilst making a decision. Comments are fine after the competition but during each photo should gets its fair shot without having someone else's opinion for or against the shot.

just my own 2 cents. :D

vonnagy said:
good stuff here!

one thing.. am i the only one who finds the rating system and comments here a bit annoying...? :scratch: i don't want to be influenced by other folks opinions whilst making a decision. Comments are fine after the competition but during each photo should gets its fair shot without having someone else's opinion for or against the shot.

just my own 2 cents. :D
I'm not sure there would be another way to do it. Other than to lock the thread, but then I don't know if it would accept votes and you would be able to see them no matter what.

Maybe email votes to the mods? I dunno. I guess it doesn't bother me that much.

Daniel

Mark, do you mean the ratings and comments in the gallery or the thoughts here in the thread? I didn't post my thought to Daniel here, just for that very reason, altho I have been meaning to pm him (sorry! haven't gotten to it yet tho!). I don't use the rating things in the gallery, but will admit to leaving one comment. Probably shouldn't have done that. If you just mean the gallery, then twist can turn both of those features off. Might be a good idea...

I think that would be a very good idea. I started to vote/leave comments for some of these, but decided not to for just the reason Mark stated.

Sorry folks, I thought I had disabled the ratings and comments when I made up the gallery, but I guess I missed them. They're disabled now, but it looks like the comments that were made previously will remain.

As for some of the rule of thirds photos some of them are obviously better examples then others. Due to the fact that there were a lot of last minute entries they were all included. Most people would not have had time to resubmit a new photo if I had decided not to include them. Besides people made the attempt and contributed to the challenge. That's pretty much good enough for me.

Just my opinion, but Twist shouldn't have to decide if the submitted photos meet the category. The votes will speak for themselves.

I'm finding it harder and harder each month to decide cause there are so many good photos!

Not Neve said:
Just my opinion, but Twist shouldn't have to decide if the submitted photos meet the category. The votes will speak for themselves.

I'm finding it harder and harder each month to decide cause there are so many good photos!
That's a good point. But that brings us back around to; should we choose based on the best example of the ROT or the best shot based on the ROT?

I'd say it's up to the individual tastes and sensibilities of the viewers to decide.

Daniel

Congrats goes out to rsilfverberg and his photo which is photo 14:

photo14%7E0.jpg

It was tight this month with only one vote seperating first and second. Congrats everyone. :cheers:

Congratulations rsilfverberg! That was a hella close contest.

And congrats to everyone. Those were some great shots.

I'd like to especially thank those that voted for mine. I appreciate that very much! I was surprised to get so many votes. w00t!

Daniel

Most reactions

Back