The Merry Christmas thread

Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Off first thing in the morning to celebrate the season with my family, so here's wishing all of you all, and your familys, a very Merry Christmas and a happy and bright New Year for 2010

And I wish the same to you. Have an enjoyable trip, and a warm and happy holiday with family and friends (and food!)

xmasmerryxmas.gif

Merry Christmas to you all too. It is December 26th and I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year in a few days. I have never been a religious person but I did attend Christian Jr. High school growing up. Through a long chain of events I am now a believer in the Lord Jesus Christ. Jesus is my Lord, He is the King of kings. Each day as I get to know the Lord a little better I am amazed of His grace and lovingkindness to me. Regarding Christmas we now live in a society where it may not be PC to even mention the word "Christmas". Most people may think this as just the time for us to buy some gifts for our loved ones and have a couple of days off work to relax. Several years ago while I was pondering on the true meaning of Christmas I read a Gospel tract that really touched me. The Creator of the universe wanted to tell us how much He loved us. But He is God and we are just finite human beings, how can an infinite God communicate to us His love in a way that we can understand? It is sort of like us trying to communicate to a bird how much we love birds. Problem is birds can't talk and they can't understand what we are trying to communicate to them. Well perhaps one way we can communicate our love for the birds is by becoming a bird? That way we can speak the same language and express our love to the birds in a way they can understand it? I was wondering how many of us would be willing to lower ourselves to become birds? Honestly I don't love birds enough to lower myself as a human being to become a bird. As a car lover I wonder if I am willing to give up having my cars? As a weekend photographer I wonder if I am willing to give up my cameras? Not that I am a smart guy but am I willing to trade my brain for a bird brain? Well sorry birds, but come to think of it, I don't love you enough to lower myself to become a bird. It suddenly dawned on me what a sacrifice the infinite almighty God of the universe had to endure just to lower Himself to become a man! I mean the example I gave wasn't even close by comparison. The Creator God of the universe was willing to lower Himself as a man to show us His love for us! He had to come down from heaven. He had to confine Himself in the body of a man. He had to show His love for us by dying a humiliating death on the cross! Wow come to think of it no wonder they call it "amazing grace". As a mere human all I can say is "hallelujah" to a loving God who cared enough to lower Himself as a man on a Christmas day so many years ago. It is truly love that I cannot understand.

Most reactions

Back