The Milky Way

BoblyBill

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
2645376118_af1c7622c6.jpg

Nice! What was your technique?

I set up on a tripod and shot a 80" shot at f/4 and 800 ISO. The key is to be somewhere with no light pollution from a near by city. The problem with 80" is that you can see the rotation of the earth and so the stars are actually lines. Also, long exposures and high ISO's don't go well together. I plan on getting more like this but at shorter exposure times and smaller ISO's.

I was impressed that you avoided getting significant lines on your stars (maybe the small magnification of the image). Thought you might be using some sort of clock drive.

Anyway, very nice. I'm going to have to try this next time I'm in southern AZ where the stars are plentiful.

oh man, chris. thats stunning!

awesome shot.
There has been only a few moments in my life that i could see the milky way and all of those moments were in New Zealand. It really is an amazing sight and you captured it very good :thumbup: :)

absolutely gorgeous! id be happy just being able to see that kind of sky, let alone get a shot like that! Hope to see more!

So at 80" how did you avoid turning your stars into line? They look gorgeous!

Thanks guys. Sadly there is a ton of noise due to the long exposure and high ISO, but if I were to give you a 100% crop you would deffinately see star trails it's just to small to see in this picture.

I can see them. A little bit. I guess it's like a 1 or 2 minute exposure?

Great shot! Good processing too!

Most reactions

Back