The Mirrorless Crap...

The mirror really is a challenge for camera design, and presents a major scalability issue. Eventually traditional small-format camera builders will have to start producing larger-than-35mm format cameras to stay competitive. With this, the mirror must also be scaled.

Tell me about it. I own a Mamiya RZ67 which has less of a mirror, and more of spring-loaded tombstone inside it. KA-WHAM-PKSH-WUBBA-Wubba-wubba-wibble-wibble-bip

Then why are you shooting digital? If you truly don't like change, you'd be shooting film.

They're not "crap", they're just "different"...

I am shooting film. More than digital these days... F100, Hasselblad, Kodak Brownies... really, they're all right there \/\/\/

Hi! Ever hear of an Olympus OM-1? Know why it's popular? No? Well do some research and come back befor trashing an entire camera system that you've apparently never used. This post is about as ignorant as that one senator's "legitimate rape" comment.

Where's the facepalm emoticon?

Why would you assume I dont... It was the longest made 35mm camera in history wasnt it? Something like 30 years without much change?

If Nikon came out with an OM-D competitor that looked like my vintage Nikon FM.... I'd probably laugh and state just how much crap it was made of.

Wow we're culling moms now?

yeesh.

well this topic made a turn for the bad.

Can I lock it now? Can I lock it now? Can I lock it now? Can I lock it now? Can I lock it now? Can I lock it now? Can I lock it now? Can I lock it now? Can I lock it now? Can I lock it now? Can I lock it now? Can I lock it now? Can I lock it now? Can I lock it now? Can I lock it now? Can I lock it now? Can I lock it now? Can I lock it now? Can I lock it now? Can I lock it now? Can I lock it now? Can I lock it now?

Please?

well this topic made a turn for the bad.

Can I lock it now? Can I lock it now? Can I lock it now? Can I lock it now? Can I lock it now? Can I lock it now? Can I lock it now? Can I lock it now? Can I lock it now? Can I lock it now? Can I lock it now? Can I lock it now? Can I lock it now? Can I lock it now? Can I lock it now? Can I lock it now? Can I lock it now? Can I lock it now? Can I lock it now? Can I lock it now? Can I lock it now? Can I lock it now?

Please?

Yes and ban the OP! What were they thinking trolling around these parts.

Just when I was beginning to entertain the purchase of an Olympus OM-D EM-5 with the money from my new job. :er:

Jaemie,
Then you absolutely MUST read Mike Johnston's column at The Online Photographer...he bought the new,ridiculously-named Olympus OM-D EM-5, and he has WANTED to like it...he has WANTED to become fond of it...he has made big efforts to get to know it....but he, and many other readers, are for some inexplicable reason, not bonding with their new Olympus OM-D EM-5 cameras...

Mike's August 31,2012 column is entitled "Bonding Problems". The Online Photographer: Bonding Problems

Hi! Ever hear of an Olympus OM-1? Know why it's popular? No? Well do some research and come back befor trashing an entire camera system that you've apparently never used. This post is about as ignorant as that one senator's "legitimate rape" comment.

Where's the facepalm emoticon?

Why would you assume I dont... It was the longest made 35mm camera in history wasnt it? Something like 30 years without much change?

If Nikon came out with an OM-D competitor that looked like my vintage Nikon FM.... I'd probably laugh and state just how much crap it was made of.

People were getting away from huge SLRs and going to more compact designs. Not everyone wants to carry around all that heavy crap when they're taking pictures.

Just when I was beginning to entertain the purchase of an Olympus OM-D EM-5 with the money from my new job. :er:

Jaemie,
Then you absolutely MUST read Mike Johnston's column at The Online Photographer...he bought the new,ridiculously-named Olympus OM-D EM-5, and he has WANTED to like it...he has WANTED to become fond of it...he has made big efforts to get to know it....but he, and many other readers, are for some inexplicable reason, not bonding with their new Olympus OM-D EM-5 cameras...

Mike's August 31,2012 column is entitled "Bonding Problems". The Online Photographer: Bonding Problems

And there are photographers out there selling their DSLR rigs and staying with their OM-Ds and loving them. It's personal preference.

The Olympus OM-D E-M5 Digital Camera Review. Micro 4/3 finally matures…for real. By Steve Huff | STEVE HUFF PHOTOS

Most reactions

New Topics

Back