The Monday thread

bace

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Well, I can tell you're all in talkative mood. My weekend was half alright. Went out for dinner and a comedy show on Saturday. Four comedians and the opener was the best one. 8 people got up and left during the last acts set. Total crap.

Other than that I started watching Much Music VJ seach on Rogers on Demand. For those who know, what a crappy bunch of people they picked. And what's with the attempt to make it look like a major reality show. It's like they're picking the bachelor or something. Stupid.

Hope everyone had a good weekend....!

Rather unusual situation for me. I have been out of work for about 8 months with zero callbacks on my resume. Recently I updated and changed the format of the resume and got numerous calls - after I accepted a low paying position. Now I have to sneak around taking long lunches to get interviews. I have two places that want me for a second interview and just today a place called me this morning and I interviewed with them over lunch. They said they will be making me an offer tomorrow. Other than that all is well.

Congrats. Looks like things are lookin up.

core_17 said:
Uh-oh. Sounds like somebody's got a case of the Mondays.

Who me?

I dunno...I just kept hearing that quote over and over again in my head ever since you posted this thread for some reason. :mrgreen:

core_17 said:
I dunno...I just kept hearing that quote over and over again in my head ever since you posted this thread for some reason. :mrgreen:

Thanks for the update. From this point on, my Monday will be a wee bit better for knowing that.

:greenpbl:

I should rent that movie...best part:

Peter Gibbons: Well see, they wrote all this bank software, and, uh, to save space, they used two digits instead of four. So, like, 98 instead of 1998? Uh, so I go through these thousands of lines of code and, uh... it doesn't really matter. I uh, I don't like my job, and, uh, I don't think I'm gonna go anymore.
Joanna: You're just not gonna go?
Peter Gibbons: Yeah.
Joanna: Won't you get fired?
Peter Gibbons: I don't know, but I really don't like it, and, uh, I'm not gonna go.
Joanna: So you're gonna quit?
Peter Gibbons: Nuh-uh. Not really. Uh... I'm just gonna stop going.

core_17 said:
Uh-oh. Sounds like somebody's got a case of the Mondays.

Knew SOMEBODY would say that! :banghead: lol...
My weekend was lackluster. On Friday night we watched Jarhead and on Saturday night we had friends over and watched Spidey 2. On Sunday we were bored out of our minds and just kinda hung out. :D

I had a very busy Monday, the price you pay for taking Thurs and Fri off. Damn car's starter motor gave out, making it sod to start and making it unlikely I'll manage it into work on time tomorrow, thus leading to more pile-up of crap and stress. US office managed their usual trick of springing things on us at the very last minute, which has just reminded me of the 1,000 things left to do. My to-do list ends in October at the moment and shows no sign of letting off.

/end vent

"I don't like Mondays!"

Rob

I got up (in my new apartment) and went to work (from my new apartment), worked for half the day, got sick to my stomach, puked, came home (to my new apartment), felt better, did laundry (in my new apartment) and watched a movie with my roommate's girlfriend. lol.

Now that you all know every movement of mine... =P

Most reactions

Back