The most boring type of photo to look at, for me, is...

Status
Not open for further replies.
As crazy as this might sound.... Sunsets! I've seen a million of em! :confused:

Let me see ...

I'm working on a photo of my kid driving a car .... pregnant wife in the passenger seat ... flowers stuck in the hubcaps ... as fireworks fly over ...

add yourself taking a self portrait in a mirror thats leaned up against the car

well ... pregnant woman could be the bride ... and of course the fireworks are at sunset ...

I will say "street photography". As I understand most people consider street photography aways people. They are the most uninteresting photos, random people walking down the street.

You all know my thoughts on bothering people with photographing them randomly as well. I think it is rude and inconsiderate, unless of course, the person is asked. But then you are usually not getting the shot you are after.

Street photography in the sense of city architecture and stuff, love that stuff. It's just in particular the candid photos of random people walking down the street. Boring and rude.

Let me see ...

I'm working on a photo of my kid driving a car .... pregnant wife in the passenger seat ... flowers stuck in the hubcaps ... as fireworks fly over ...

hahaha!
Don't forget to have your cat laying on the hood of the car!

Sports photography. Absolutely does nothing for me. It's probably the last remnants of 'teenage rebellion' in me-- refusing to do what everyone wanted me to do... ;)

Flowers, but everybody is saying that so I'll try to think of something else...

2nd would be anything HDR. You know the ones I'm talking about... The fake comic book looking ones.

those repeated self portrait thingies... even if the photos are technically good, there isn't anyone who I want to see that many pictures of.... save for Maxim cover models. ;)

Let me see ...

Can't wait to see the finished shot :D

Especially if all the additions people have mentioned are added in :lmao:

Is it the actual photograph that you dislike/find boring - or is it the subject matter?
The two things are not the same, you know.
Quite often people put down a picture purely and simply because they do not like what it is a picture of. This is because when looking at a picture we tend to just see the subject and not actually look at the photo.
Of course, the reverse is true. A lot of people take pictures and think they are good pictures for no other reason than they like what it is a picture of.
To quote Susan Sontag: 'A beautiful picture is a picture of something beautiful'.
Proud parents photograph their children and believe their pictures to be good because they are of their children.
Others look at these pictures and find them un-interesting because they are of the children of strangers.
And so on.
Therefore when looking at a picture and deciding whether you like it or not, you must first be aware of your own attitudes towards the subject matter because it is entirely possible for someone to take a good picture of something that you don't care for and you miss the fact through personal bias.
The same goes when taking pictures.
Only when you know in your own mind the real reasons why you are taking the picture and then making allowances will you begin to take decent pictures. That is to say, don't just take the picture because you like what it is you are photographing - work out what it is that you like (or dislike) about your subject and then try to show others what you see through your photograph.

Personally I don't dislike any photograph or subject, even though I have seen so many a lot all look the same. I try to stay neutral and keep an open mind ;)

Well, some of the shots mentioned above are due to bad photography, and that's just an inexperienced shooter not utilizing his/her subject properly. In the hands of a great photographer, I'd say the most boring styles to me are sunsets and mountainous landscape photos. I've been spoiled by seeing too many of these sorts of photos in real life, since that's where I live (Ozark Hills). So seeing photos of stuff that reminds me of something I can probably see in the next few days really doesn't do it. But having never seen a desert, I find shots of them fascinating.

My favorites are candid people photos. They have to be done well, but I just LOVE seeing people... living. I'm very much a people person, though, so that's probably why (infinitely fascinated with other people's minds).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back