JoL

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is the pier at Torbert MacDonald Park, Mystic River Reservation in Medford, MA. Always thought that this would make a nice subject but wasn't quite sure as to how to put it in the right light. Taking away the light altogether and shooting it at night has been the most successful approach so far.

Beautiful. But I think the horizon line needs straightening.

Beautiful. But I think the horizon line needs straightening.

I think it's a fisheye lens, so there is intentional distortion...but I agree that I might like all of the lines straight on this one.

I loved the other fisheye photos you posted though.

It is the fisheye lens indeed. I straightened it out in post but didn't like the result too much, so I left it curved since it seemed more interesting to me. I might give the straight version a shot again and post it here.

It is the fisheye lens indeed. I straightened it out in post but didn't like the result too much, so I left it curved since it seemed more interesting to me. I might give the straight version a shot again and post it here.

Straitening a fisheye is rarely successful when compared to a properly shot one. Next trip out to that pier put the horizon dead center and see if that yields a better shot.

Here's my take on it....

Straightened the horizon. Got rid of the orange color cast.

revised.jpg

Very different take on it. I see how it can work for some. Why I still prefer the orginal is primarily due to the space between end of pier and horizon that is lost after straightening. Pulling the sides up instead and leaving the center in place would be interesting to try

---
Sent from Tapatalk. Please excuse brevity and typos

Nice shot. That pier has a lot of potential for future shoots. :)

Most reactions

Back