The next 300D...

It looks interesting, but I wish Canon would stop coming out with cheaper and cheaper consumer cams and make something to bridge the gap between 20D and 1DmkII. Something in the $2-2.5k range that competes with a Fuji S2 pro and S3 pro.

You have a $1500 20D, then the next step is a $4000 1Ds MkII.

Yes, I agree!

Introduction to the Rebel XT
Press Release

There isn't a release date yet, but it should be coming out pretty soon.

Here are some tidbits:
  • It's smaller and lighter than the DR
  • 8 Megapixels of picture snapping goodness
  • 3 FPS with 14 frame bursts
  • It's priced at under $1000!!!
For photo newbies like me, this might just drive the prices of the Gen 1 Rebels down to being affordable.

From a quick read through...this looks to be an impressive step up from the old Digital Rebel. I was thinking about a 20D but I may have to take a long hard look at this camera now.

Yikes, I was beat there by danalec99. Read his post here. Sorry 'bout that. Didn't mean to step on any toes.

ohh wow, i really might have to look into this camera more! this would be a nicely priced, good upgrade i think.

The new Canon EOS 350D will be available around March 2005 and will cost EUR 1.049,- lens included.

SWEET!!! I'm glad I didn't buy the 300d after all!!! This one looks awesome, and I can't wait til it comes out!!! After seeing it, it looks to be a big step up from the 300, but without the cost :) I think this will make it worth holding out now :)

eromallagadnama said:
SWEET!!! I'm glad I didn't buy the 300d after all!!! This one looks awesome, and I can't wait til it comes out!!! After seeing it, it looks to be a big step up from the 300, but without the cost :) I think this will make it worth holding out now :)

I'm planning on buying it with you... I guess we won't have to bug Matt all the time for his rebel when this comes out :lmao:

BTW, dpreview has a preview of the 350D here:
http://www.dpreview.com/articles/canoneos350d/

Most reactions

Back