The next 300D...

Dan, have you had any luck finding a place to preorder? I emailed bandh and adorama...still waiting on replies. I think I will email Canon too. I want it so bad I can't hardly stand it :lol:

i haven't looked around much for a preorder list yet. i'm gunna wait a week or two until more reviews come out... although right now it's looking really good :mrgreen:

let me know what you find out from them!

I was just looking through that interactive site and it says you can save pictures in both sRGB and adobe 1998 rgb. My photoshop teacher tolds us to change all images to rgb 1998 right away so shooting in that makes sense. When its printed by a good but cheap printer lab like www.whcc.com, do you actually make use of the expaneded color space or is srgb all I need. I imagine the rgb 1998 files are larger and takes up more space on the cf card.

Gerry, no printer can print the range of colors you see on your monitor, especially not Adobe RGB, which is the widest color space. It's just usually better to start with the most colors possible, and cut down from there.

So you do all your work in say rgb 1998, then before you print, do you do anything, perhaps reduce it to a range that the printer can print, and that you can see on the monitor to mak sure it prints ok? Or just print it and see how it goes? :0)

Dan, I thought I'd let you know I emailed Canon, adorama, and b&h. So far Canon is the only reply I've gotten, and they put that they couldn't give a specific date in March (I had to try) and also they said to check their site for preorder info, but it doesn't list anything...so it wasn't very helpful. Hopefully the others will reply tommorow, and maybe we can get ourselves on some sort of list :)

eromallagadnama said:
Dan, I thought I'd let you know I emailed Canon, adorama, and b&h. So far Canon is the only reply I've gotten, and they put that they couldn't give a specific date in March (I had to try) and also they said to check their site for preorder info, but it doesn't list anything...so it wasn't very helpful. Hopefully the others will reply tommorow, and maybe we can get ourselves on some sort of list :)

thanks for the update, Amanda :)

I haven't been able to find a price for this 350D anywhere on the net.
I've been quoted for a new 300D with the basic lens is 930 Euros. Is it worth paying this much in a physical shop I know, or can I get it cheaper off ebay, safely.
How much do you think the 350D will be?

Got an email back from Adorama today, and they said as soon as Canon gives them the go ahead, then they we begin a presale...so I guess we'll have to wait and see when that happens :)

Nytmair said:
the 350D from what i read is supposed to be 899 US dollars for just the body, and 999 with the 18-55mm kit lens.

Would you recommend that lens kit? I'm just wondering if I should go with it or maybe something else. Would it be good for general all around use?

The kit lenses are near the bottom of the quality scale for Canon EF lenses (which is still higher than many other lenses)...but they are also near the bottom in terms of cost as well. For $100 (with camera) I would buy it. I'd also get a 50mm F1.8 lens.

yeah, it's the same exact lens as the kit lens on the 300D, it's called the "II"...but i read the only changes are cosmetic. I'm going to get it with the lens just becuase it's a cheap lens to have around until i get afford a better zoom lens, and it's an ok wide angle... but like Mike said... 50mm f/1.8 is first on my list.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back