Beav

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
allmarkphotography.co.uk
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello.

Im looking at taking my photography to the next step. I currently have a website but would like to add a store to the website in order to sell prints. Im thinking this is going to get a lot more sophisticated. Im currently on JSA as I finished a level 3 IT course 1 year ago and have been stuck for work. My mum seems to think I need to be a registered business in order to sell my images online, is this true?

What do I need to do in order to legally sell them on my website?

Business requirements vary by region - contact your local municipality and/or search on the Inland Revenue's website, but almost all western countries want their pound of flesh from small business owners.

Hello.

Im looking at taking my photography to the next step. I currently have a website but would like to add a store to the website in order to sell prints. Im thinking this is going to get a lot more sophisticated. Im currently on JSA as I finished a level 3 IT course 1 year ago and have been stuck for work. My mum seems to think I need to be a registered business in order to sell my images online, is this true?

I don't think you need anything legal to sell photos online. Look at all the photos that are on sale on ebay, you think anyone has a licence to sell them, people are selling copyrighted material on ebay as well. Tell your mother not to worry and sell away, as long as you own the copyright no problem. If you are planning on setting up a business then you should require a licence.

Hello.

I don't think you need anything legal to sell photos online. Look at all the photos that are on sale on ebay, you think anyone has a licence to sell them, people are selling copyrighted material on ebay as well. Tell your mother not to worry and sell away, as long as you own the copyright no problem. If you are planning on setting up a business then you should require a licence.

Thank you. Might just add a store to my website then when an image sells or I sell a few then let the tax man know. Like I say ive only been in to photography just over 12 months so im not expecting to sell many if any.

Just had another word with my mum and she isn't too happy with it. Shes been doing arts and crafts for a long time and looked at setting up a website to sell her crafts. They basically said if you have a website to sell stuff then your willing to sell enough to make a living so you need to be declared as a business.

Last edited:
Simply putting up a website and listing photos for sale is not going to accomplish anything.

YOU HAVE TO GET PEOPLE THERE TO BUY THEM.

You will probably have more success if you try and sell them at fairs or art shows where people will actually see them.

Simply putting up a website and listing photos for sale is not going to accomplish anything.

You will probably have more success if you try and sell them at fairs or art shows where people will actually see them.

Thats not what this thread is about

Give it time, it will be...

Give it time, it will be...

Like I was saying ive only been doing it a year so I wasn't expecting to sell anything yet but it would be good to have the shop set up so when I do produce more quality images they can go on there. Nevermind. Not happening now, lol. Hobby it is

So your going to turn down people truing to help you succeed.

I gave you a simple proven tip on how you can sell more and you reject it.

Like I was saying ive only been doing it a year so I wasn't expecting to sell anything yet but it would be good to have the shop set up so when I do produce more quality images they can go on there. Nevermind. Not happening now, lol. Hobby it is

Nobody here is telling you to keep it a hobby, in fact I did the opposite, I told you how you can acutely have a better chance at making it more then a hobby.

If you don't want honest feedback then you are on the wrong forum.

Do people successfully sell prints on eBay?

I've made a few thousand off of ebay print sales over the years. All depends on the subject and if it's a hard to find good quality. It has all been sports from my archives that date back to 1959.

I've made a few thousand off of ebay print sales over the years. All depends on the subject and if it's a hard to find good quality. It has all been sports from my archives that date back to 1959.

I did have a look on ebay before I thought of selling my own prints. A lot of them seemed to be very cheap prints or those ones you get in large retail stores like a canvas for £20.

Wow.

Who woulda' thunk it?

Wow.

Who woulda' thunk it?

Most of it went to the same person, she bought hundreds of figure skating photos, I thought she was nuts. I could have listed her as my employer at one time, steady pay cheque.

Most reactions

Back