The night beckons patiently for the day's conclusion

What a gorgeous , gorgeous shot , Harper !

I know exactly where you're coming from , sometimes ya really DO have to stop and breathe it all in and bask ......

Oh how I wish I was standing up there with ya in that shot , soaking up all that beauty in person....
its calming even just looking at it on a computer screen .....

I'm glad that you're capturing all these beautiful scenes to share with us .... ;) thank you ! :)

Thanks again everyone for the comments. :D

Digital Matt said:
The plus side to missing all those great sunsets is that you can view a representation of them over and over again, and share it with others.
I was also thinking about that too. Recently I opened some of my old photo albums and relived some past moments. I started to realized that I would have been very disappointed if I didn't take these pictures. It is great to fully enjoy the moment at the time but after a few months and definitely after several years it becomes hard to remember a lot of detail about the moment. Looking at my old albums helps to "jump start" my memory...so at least in this example these pictures have become priceless.

Maybe there just needs to be a balance like taking a few minutes to relax and enjoy and then take pictures like a crazy madman. I'm like AlisonS in that I feel jittery if I don't have my camera strapped to me at all times. :wink:

Luminosity said:
Oh how I wish I was standing up there with ya in that shot , soaking up all that beauty in person....
You and me both...now that would be a beautiful sight! :wink:

Harpper said:
I was just wondering if you guys also debated whether to put down the camera and enjoy the moment or to spend the moment busy behind the camera?

my way is to decide beforehand whether i'm taking the camera or not. if the camera's with me, i can't help but photo everything. there's an old saying: "a man with a camera sees only photographs".

awesome photo! where is that?

StvShoop said:
my way is to decide beforehand whether i'm taking the camera or not.
The only problem is that I basically have my camera strapped to me. It's like those old Visa credit card commercials...I never leave home with it(my camera). ;)

StvShoop said:
awesome photo! where is that?
California.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back