Nidhi

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
pp20-big.jpg

I was shooting in a remote village. It's a small, dusty place with basic facilities populated by about 200 people. Moments before sunset, I found this lady collecting vegetables in her small farm. In this part of the world, a guest is still considered a form of god. Following tradition, she warmly welcomed me.

We chatted. She told me a lot of things about herself and her family. She was delighted to see herself in my camera's LCD screen. When I told her that I am a doctor, she asked me to examine her but this 102-year 'young' lady was in perfect health and my medicinal skills were not required.

She insisted that I should stay for diner but I had to leave. I was moved by this gesture. With a promise to meet again, we bid adieu.
Thanks for your time. Cheers.

Wow...another really good story and photo to go with it! I looked at you site too and it's very good impressive Nidhi! Well done!

Amazing shot! You are really able to capture people so wonderfully, very telling. Thanks Nidhi, nice work on your site as well.

The light in this one is sooooo special.
And your "model" is very, very special, of course, too. Over one hundred years old you say she is!? Wow!
(And you are a doctor "in real life"?)
You photographers in India are so lucky people LIKE their photos to be taken!
It is sooooo different here in Germany when they suspect all kinds of bad things from you the moment you take out your camera..........:roll:

absolutely beautiful shot nidhi... sweet light and wonderful bokeh :)

in india often a guest is considered a god... and serving a guest brings you good wishes (i think) .. nidhi? am i right?

thanks for sharing this wonderful shot :D

Thanks Corinna.

LaFoto said:
Over one hundred years old you say she is!? Wow!
(And you are a doctor "in real life"?)
Yepp! She said, 102.

Thanks Mansi.

Mansi said:
absolutely beautiful shot nidhi... sweet light and wonderful bokeh :)
Thanks to my AF-S 70-200 f2.8 VR.

Mansi said:
in india often a guest is considered a god... and serving a guest brings you good wishes (i think) .. nidhi? am i right?
Yes, you are.

Most reactions

Back