Austin Greene

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
www.austingreenephotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey folks,

Spent a good chunk of my evening last night driving out away from the city to give the 6D a shot at some nighttime shooting, something I've only tried once before back when I had the T3i. I had intended on shooting startrails, but I had an issue with the intervelometer.

I came across this beautiful landscape entirely by accident. Tried to pull as much detail out of it as I could with some higher ISO's/longer exposures, but there was no moon whatsoever, so I was in complete darkness. I do plan on returning sometime with more moon to get a cleaner image.

Anyways, more of a fun shot than anything else, in an area of shooting I've rarely explored.

Hope you enjoy it!

The Paths We Take by TogaLive, on Flickr

Best,

Toga

Last edited:
Very nice shot. Personally I don't think you want the moon, I think what you got is excellent and brightness from the moon would change the mood.

Very serene.

Thanks tirediron!

In all honesty, I had been flipping out from stress lately, this trip took care of that :)
Nice shot! I see you took your stress out on the lawn,now the grass is stressed with tire tracks.Maybe a nice Mud trail leading back to your place..:lol:

Very nice shot. Personally I don't think you want the moon, I think what you got is excellent and brightness from the moon would change the mood.

I agree, a big part of the charm for me is the evenness and the qualities of the light you did capture, moonlight would make a beautiful but very different shot so as another shot yes please show us! But that won't make me like this shot any less ;) nice shot.

Lol wonder if I coulda got the word shot into that post a time or two more lol shouldn't stop and start a post and hit enter w/o proof reading lol

Noted. Looking at it now, I would have to agree. Still, I'm curious what it might look like with a lower angle shot with a bit more contrast in the grass.

Very serene.

Thanks tirediron!

In all honesty, I had been flipping out from stress lately, this trip took care of that :)
Nice shot! I see you took your stress out on the lawn,now the grass is stressed with tire tracks.Maybe a nice Mud trail leading back to your place..:lol:

Haha, that was actually the best part, these tracks weren't from me! I had been struggling to find a frame in the darkness, so I walked over to a cattle gate and took an image at ISO25800 just to see what I had to work with. Both me and my friend instantly said "Thats it, we have to shoot that!" as soon as we saw the landscape in front of us in the image. One hour later of tinkering, and this image was it. I suppose the road is from the ranchers who work there during the day.

I agree, a big part of the charm for me is the evenness and the qualities of the light you did capture, moonlight would make a beautiful but very different shot so as another shot yes please show us! But that won't make me like this shot any less ;) nice shot.

Very well said on the moonlight vs no moonlight front. I like the image more and more now when I look back at it with everyones words in mind about the quality of light. It will be interesting to compair the moon version when I eventually get to shoot it.

Lol wonder if I coulda got the word shot into that post a time or two more lol shouldn't stop and start a post and hit enter w/o proof reading lol

Maybe once or twice more, for good measure :p

I love this picture.. It's dreamy and calming.. makes me want to fall asleep, but I can't stop looking at it!!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back