The Perfect Lens for ME!

scrutiny1

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have absolutely no idea what to look for!

I shoot mainly landscape, but also include buildings and such. I have a Nikon D70s, and to be honest I would prefer a Nikon lens.

I think I would like a wide angle lens, or maybe even telephoto. :sexywink:

Thanks for helping me out friends!

I assume the "stock lens" is the 18-70mm?

Is there anythign in particular about the lens you aren't happy with? I find that lens to be quite useful in terms of focal length, colour, and sharpness.

If you want to go wider, the Nikon 12-24mm is supposed to be superb, with the price to match ;).

I currently have a Nikkor 18-70mm
My budget is about 400 dollars max

The lens you have is the perfect lens for you. If you don't know why you want something else, then you don't need something else.

Haha, well said.

Well, I was looking for a wide angle?

I believe there are three wide angle options-all zooms. Nikkor 12-24 f4, Tokina 12-24 f4 and Sigma 10-20 f4. Any of them would be fine, I think. I have the Nikkor and I'm not thrilled with it (more distortion than I like) mostly because I'm used to using superior fixed focal length wide angles with 35mm. I imagine the others are similar optically but built a little more cheaply at a lower cost. The zooms are a poor replacement in my view but that is all that is available at the moment.

Well, Nikon does make a nifty 10.5 mm full frame fisheye fixed focal length lens but that's pretty extreme. Naturally, I have one of those too.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back