the perfect storm- one of my best pics

pixilstudio

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.pixilstudio.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
sometimes everything comes together the way you want. dress, veil, clouds, sky, light, pose, everything....

let me know what you think
$2013-pixilstudio-wedding-sm.jpg

see more of my work at www.pixilstudio.com/
thanks for stopping by

I find the dark, dreariness of the sky and surroundings at odds with supposed joy of getting married... YMMV!

I also find the image off balance with the subjects centered... and the veil way off to the edge of the frame leads the eye right out of the image... That tree intersecting with the groom is a bit distracting also...

Just a crop suggestion.. gets rid of some of the dreariness.. puts more emphasis on the subjects...

$2013-pixilstudio-wedding-smeditxxx.jpg

I did a quick Re-Edit.. to shorten the veil... so it doesn't lead the eye out of the frame. I think it balances better now....

Last edited:
nicely done!
my only nitpic here would be that her dress is so bright to the point you have lost all the details.
it does seem a little cool, but that could just be personal taste. maybe even bring the highlights down a bit to get some of the detail in her dress back.

I quite dislike all the junk on the far shore, but whatcha gonna do? The rest of it looks good to me. Cool tones is appropriate here -- there's a dang storm, after all.

I say leave it alone. The long white dress/veil on bottom with dark skies on top reminds me of Yin and Yang.

just a quick 5 minute edit.
a standard 8x10 crop, bringing the bride and groom off center.
brought the highlights down to bring back detail in the dress, brought shadows up to bring back detail in the tux.
you can see some definition in the grooms arm now, and you can see the dress has texture, as apposed to plain satin.
left color, temp, and exposure alone.

View attachment 50207

thanks tail gunner i agree
pixmedic dont like the edit in full res i got plenty of detail in both tux and dress, obviously the detail isnt blown out otherwise you couldnt pull it back. i think the whiteness is a great contrast to the rest of the pic

just a quick 5 minute edit.
a standard 8x10 crop, bringing the bride and groom off center.
brought the highlights down to bring back detail in the dress, brought shadows up to bring back detail in the tux.
left color, temp, and exposure alone.

View attachment 50207

I like pixmedic's crop better. The dress, vail and sky are much more balanced. Triangluar.

I personally like that it looks almost like a backdrop due to the contract between the people and the background. My edit was purely to bring minor details out of the dress and to get rid of a bit of sky and golf green which I thought detracted slightly from the main focus of the picture.

Great shot though!

I find the dark, dreariness of the sky and surroundings at odds with supposed joy of getting married... YMMV!

I also find the image off balance with the subjects centered... and the veil way off to the edge of the frame leads the eye right out of the image... That tree intersecting with the groom is a bit distracting also...

Just a crop suggestion.. gets rid of some of the dreariness.. puts more emphasis on the subjects...

View attachment 50202

I did a quick Re-Edit.. to shorten the veil... so it doesn't lead the eye out of the frame. I think it balances better now....
Hey, how did you get the RAW file. I want to play too! Gimme the file.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back