The photo or how I'm editing it...?

Nytmair

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.km3k.com
So often it seems that after I edit an image it looks fake to me. Not just like strange colors or something like that, but the lines and objects just dont' have the clarity or impact they originally had.

I'm not sure if it's how i'm editing or not.. but just wondering if you photoshop gurus (Digi Matt or vonnagy or someone...) could help me out here.

Here is the original image, just cropped and such...

columnreflection-orig.jpg

Now here is after a little curves, contrast, saturation... I think that's it.
columnreflection.jpg

Now to me personally the 2nd one doesn't look as realistic as the first one... does anyone agree with me or am I just strange :)

Maybe post up how you would edit the first one? I dunno... this may be a bad example, but I know it's happened in the past too where I thought this as well.

I dunno man, your edits don't look fake to me. :p

You added more contrast, so your lines and objects have more punch if anything.

It definitely doesn't look fake to me. Maybe you are just accustom to the original files/photos...and feel that any change is not natural. When I used to take my film to Wal-mart, I thought their prints were the norm. Now I take my film to a Photo lab and I get 'Vivid Prints'...now that seems normal to me.

If your goal is to capture the scene exactly as you saw it...then try to make only changes toward that goal. I like to make changes that I think will make it more pleasing to look at...sometimes that means embellishing a little. I think most digital camera photos need a little tweak before they are complete.

this is how I originally edited it, but i thought i looked "off" for some reason, but I couldn't really figure out why I thought that.
columnreflection2.jpg

I obviously pulled it back a bit for the one above...

I don't see it either. The second (and third) one looks like a late afternoon shot just when the sun starts to make things orange/red.

I can see a slight contrast issue with the third (the top of the monument), but the rest seems fine.

hmm yeah, i'm looking at them again now, and all 3 look fine to me.... anywho i'll post it in the gallery and see what people think. I think i'm just going crazy :mrgreen:

your curve treatment is very good! i played with it and could not better your edited version, but im no expert. regarding the fake look; your camera caught what you saw and maybe the edited version isn't what existed and you know it, hence the appearance of fake. the edited version in no way looks fake. looks better than the original to me. just my .02

yyyy I don't see any difference in the first two :D

yeek what is it, i have been around to many edited images? I have the same feeling as you that it looks almost fake. Maybe a white balance thing. I am going to throw it into PS and try and work on it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back