The Photo Scavenger Hunt

white

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So, here's the idea: I'll begin by posting a combination of five persons, places, things, actions, ideas, etc., and you get away from that dreadful thing called a computer, go out into the world and photograph them.

The list of five could include anything. Some examples could be: a gas station, a person riding a bike, a panning shot, a landscape with rocks, a silhouette. The idea is to try and mix in some photographic techniques, while also motivating people to go out and shoot.

You'll have two weeks for each "hunt". When you're finished you'll post your series of pictures in in this thread and we will vote on which is the best. Please post your series together in one post. It just makes things simpler.

The winner, of course, then gets the burden of creating a new hunt. ;)

Sound like fun?

I will post the first challenge, then, since I will be away from the computer today and tomorrow. Hopefully more people will get involved.

Post your entries in this thread. Presentation matters, so have your photographs framed and submit them in the order I listed.

Some of the criteria in this list is purposefully vague, so interpret as you like.

Photo Scavenger Hunt #1 -- due two weeks from now -- July 1st, 2010

1. A photo of a storefront (the more local, the better) taken at night.
  2. A friend.
  3. Rule of Thirds (photo must be composed in a way that illustrates the Rule of Thirds).
  4. An abstract photo.
  5. A still-life. How you light it is your choice.

I really think this is an outstanding idea for a thread. I think you should post this in the beginners' forum and watch it kick off. It would be outstanding to see. If you make another list, since this one is officially expired, Ill play along. :)

Mark

I second that idea. I love the idea of the scavenger hunt as well, I just didn't know it was here because I spend all my time on the beginner's forum.

I've wanted to try the Fight Club, but I can never seem to pull myself out of bed on Sunday, lol. So this works better; I can shoot at my leisure. I really think the people in the beginner's forum would love this.

I agree completely! Im actually really excited to see if it kicks off if it gets moved there. I think it could be amazing.

Mark

Ok, if this is something you guys want to do, then we can reuse the list I created and set a new deadline. I probably won't be able to participate in this one as I'm going out of town, but I'd love to do future ones.

Ooo! this is going to be fun to doo :).

Even though i'ma totalll newbie at photography so sorry if my pictures suck :p

Ok, so we'll plan on a new challenge two weeks from today.

Photo Scavenger Hunt #1 -- due two weeks from now -- July 23rd, 2010

1. A photo of a storefront (the more local, the better).
  2. A friend.
  3. Rule of Thirds (photo must be composed in a way that illustrates the Rule of Thirds).
  4. An abstract photo.
  5. A still-life. How you light it is your choice.

I am always up for a challenge.
I leave for vacation on the 23rd, can I post them on the 22nd?

Yeah. On or before the 23rd. :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back