The photos are named wrong..

KhronoS

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.constantinchirila.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
For a few months now, my photos are not named: IMG_0001, IMG_0002, IMG_0003, ....., IMG_9998, IMG_9999, etc. as usual by the camera, but are named like this "_MG_0001" with "_" instead of "I", it's quite annoying because everytime i have to batch rename them.
I treid by reseting the Image count from the camera, the only thing i did it's to start back to "_MG_0001" but this doesn't go back to "IMG_0001" as usual.

Anyone ahs any ideea how to fix this? :)

Thanks.

At some point along the way you've changed your colorspace from sRGB to aRGB, the camera demarcates this difference with the _ instead of the first character of the file name.

did you try a complete camera reset to factory settings?

At some point along the way you've changed your colorspace from sRGB to aRGB, the camera demarcates this difference with the _ instead of the first character of the file name.

Yeah i did changed the color space. So how can i change it back to it's original?

did you try a complete camera reset to factory settings?
This was my last choice in case i can't find a solution.. :) i have to set again all my settings.. and i;am a lazy dude :))

Just go to your color space setting in the menu and change it back.

For people that tell me to just reset the settings i have something to say. When something gets broken, first of all i try to understand why, then i try to fix it, and last i buy a new one. So to make this analogy clear, i see the problem i understand the problem i just want to first try to fix it before resetting it to hell. :)

Just go to your color space setting in the menu and change it back.

Well i see the difference, when i shoot in sRGB it "IMG_0001" and thein in Adobe RGB is "_MG_0001", any idea how to change so that in Adobe RGB is IMG_0001.

Thank you :)

There's no way around it, all Canon cameras do that and the only fix would be to automatically rename when you import. Even the 1D series that let you define your own three letter prefix drop the first letter in aRGB.

There's no way around it, all Canon cameras do that and the only fix would be to automatically rename when you import. Even the 1D series that let you define your own three letter prefix drop the first letter in aRGB.

Damn... that's too bad...

Thank you for your effort :)

P.S. So if i would've reset my settings, i would've made it for nothing :lol:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back