The poor Hipsters.

I would prefer pictures of biscuits to banal family portraits and over-saturated sunsets. They might be self-righteous and have no passion, but at least they aren't boring.

That being said, I am sad vintage cameras have to go to waste.

Don't worry, some of us know how to use those cameras and won't let them go to waste :D

You know, there are people who do all sorts of things just because they think it's cool, or they're pretentious about what they're doing. If that's what they're going to do and how they're going to live their lives, well, so be it, that's just how some people are I guess.

And I live near a college town, I never saw any so called hipsters around.

But anyway, I got interested in using old cameras, I use some that are 'lo fi' and it's a matter of figuring out how to use that type camera effectively (which Leo does quite well). I also have nice rangefinders and SLRs with some nice lenses to get nice sharp photos. But the plastic or bakelite cameras whether vintage or newer Holgas etc. can be a lot of fun. It can be rather freeing to just take pictures for fun and see how they turn out, and to be able to experiment.

So if you don't like using vintage or plastic cameras, then don't! lol And by the way, I had a photo I took with an old Polaroid Colorpack (look it up if you wanna know!) accepted into a juried exhibit and displayed in said exhibit and the theme was nothing to do with plastic cameras. So there! thppt! lol

Lots of hipsters, yogi's, vegans. . . in the Austin area. They're starting to leave since corporate is taking over and killing the arts and the cost of living is sky rocketing.

Lots of hipsters, yogi's, vegans. . . in the Austin area. They're starting to leave since corporate is taking over and killing the arts and the cost of living is sky rocketing.
You need this.
Portland.jpg

Poor little guys. Do they have some kind of organization where you can adopt one? You know, you send in like 20 bucks a month or something and they send you back photographs and postcards to tell you how they are doing?

I literally lol'd on that.

I literally lol'd on that.

This is Trevor. Trevor can no longer afford a full cafe mocha latte at the local Starbucks, instead he must settle for the half cafe. His skinny jeans are now almost 3 full months old and no longer have the correct label on them, thanks to the cruel whims of the fashion industry.

You can make a difference in Trevor's life, or the life of someone just like him for just $20 a month. That's only 67 cents a day.

67 cents a day? Poor Trevor. Relegated to a Denny's Coffee every three days.

They should have used a Df

Most reactions

New Topics

Back