sm4him

In memoriam
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
sm4him.500px.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
First--my LIKE button is back where it belongs!!! This makes me tremendously happy--really, it's sad how happy this makes me. :-D
I'm so happy that my like button is back in its normal position that I want to "like" this post. But it's mine, so I can't. And that makes me sad.

Second--my actual topic is a post-Birthday blues rant.
Wednesday was my birthday. But I couldn't do much to celebrate because I've been so busy at work during the day and had Vacation Bible School at night all this week. No worries, I just figured I'd celebrate next week, splurge on something for myself. I *did* get lunch with my sister and my eldest son, and some friends threw me a little 3-minute surprise party in our VBS room and let the kids sing to me.

Well. Anyway. The point is, the birthday was okay. Oh--except that my boss--who does something for EVERY one's bday--completely forgot mine. Even had it on her calendar, but just blew right through the day and forgot it. So that was kind of a bummer. Not that I really care, but...okay, I guess I cared, a little. :D

Yesterday is when things went downhill though. I got home at about 10 p.m. to find a notice on my door. uh-oh. That's never good. It was from the Census Bureau. Huh??? OH. Durn. Back months ago, I got some kind of "expanded census survey" thing that pick people at random to fill out; it has a lot more, MuCH nosier sort of questions than just "how many people live there." And it informs you that you are REQUIRED by law to fill it out and return it.
Well, I didn't. Not from any political statement; just a total lack of ability to remember things.
So, the notice on my door was a reminder that I am REQuIRED by law to respond and then a little handwritten note to call within 48 hours. I'm pretty sure that's not gonna happen, since I won't get home again tonight until about 10 p.m. and will be gone most of the day tomorrow. Do you think they will come and arrest me for not filling out the stinkin' form? :D

Last night when I got to church, I discovered I had a flat tire. It's had a slow leak in it, but it was FLAT. So, some guys came out and first tried to inflate it, but it wouldn't hold air. So then they put the toy spare on it (after discovering I had no jack and having to hunt one down) and then the toy spare was badly under-inflated so they had to fill it up too. Oh, and they couldn't just go get the original tire patched because it turned out that, while the outside still had tread, the inside was down to the belt.

This morning, as I was getting ready to leave for work, I discovered I had ANOTHER flat, this time on the rear passenger side (the first one was the front driver's side). Sooo...I've spent half my day hunting for new tires, realizing that they were going to cost about $150 more than all the money I have in the world, and then having to go get them anyway. And now I'm so broke I don't even have two cents' worth to add to a conversation. :lol:

So...now there will be no birthday splurge, no extra little goodies for me...AND I'll probably have to eat raman noodles for three months. AND I HATE raman noodles. :D

</sad post-bday blues rant>

Happy B-Day, Sharon! Sorry to hear that Murphy is ganging up on you.. that is never nice! And I HATE that stupid, frigging, Violation of privacy Census Bureau crap! AAARRGGHHHH! :)

I am PM'ing you also... Might be some good news at least!

I hate buying tires to. They are so, unspecial!

My curse is, everytime I buy something really nice for myself, something equally as expensive breaks. No seriously! It's happened so often I think twice about fun purchases! :biglaugh:

I hate buying tires to. They are so, unspecial!

My curse is, everytime I buy something really nice for myself, something equally as expensive breaks. No seriously! It's happened so often I think twice about fun purchases! :biglaugh:

Exactly!! Not like you then wanna jump online and announce, "WOOHOO! I got this awesome set of tires, everyone!! You should see them! They're all black and rubbery and have this great tread on them and..." Meh.

I know what you mean about the splurging and then something of equal value has to be replaced. I think that's some kind of Murphy's Law corollary!

This time, though, I only THOUGHT about splurging. Actually, I really very nearly DID splurge on something yesterday morning, but decided I'd check around and see if there was anywhere online to get a better price on them. Glad I didn't buy them at the time, because I think I would have felt compelled to return them after spending all this money on tires...and somehow, not getting to splurge isn't quite as bad as splurging and then having to take it back. :lol:

Happy B-Day, Sharon! Sorry to hear that Murphy is ganging up on you.. that is never nice! And I HATE that stupid, frigging, Violation of privacy Census Bureau crap! AAARRGGHHHH! :)

I am PM'ing you also... Might be some good news at least!

Charlie--thanks for the good advice; I'll let you know how it goes.
I need someone like you around to chase these bad guys off!! :lmao:

Ummmm, Errrr, Hmmm, <<cough, cough>> :blushing:

I wasn't sure a belated "Happy Birthday" would have been well received at this point..... you know, the way your day had been going and all. I recently had to replace two tire because of nail punctures. Each rear tire had finishing nails going through the side wall. Repairs were not possible.

But nonetheless, Happy Birthday. You had some good mates to help you through the difficult times to, at the very least, get you home.

Ummmm, Errrr, Hmmm, <<cough, cough>> :blushing:

I wasn't sure a belated "Happy Birthday" would have been well received at this point..... you know, the way your day had been going and all. I recently had to replace two tire because of nail punctures. Each rear tire had finishing nails going through the side wall. Repairs were not possible.

But nonetheless, Happy Birthday. You had some good mates to help you through the difficult times to, at the very least, get you home.

Thanks; quite well received! Plus, my crankiness is beginning to ease a bit.

I honestly cannot think of many BETTER places to have been when I had the first flat. All I had to do was mention it to one person, and the next thing I know I have FIVE guys outside in the blazing hot sun, making sure that my problem was taken care of! And IF the tire COULD have been fixed, I'm certain they would also have taken it down the road, gotten it fixed, brought it back and put it back on.

And now that I have these beautiful new tires, but no money, I'm sure all my many friends would also be happy to buy me some Ramen Noodles, so I don't go hungry. :lmao:

So, are we gonna see photos of the tires or not?

So, are we gonna see photos of the tires or not?

LOL. But of course, how could that have escaped me?!?

Here you go; new tire photos, done MY way:

:D
Sorry about the soft focus; my vision problems are worst in the morning. Plus, this was before I'd even finished my first cup of coffee.

Fancy!! New lines and all!!

That's why I had to rush out first thing this morning and take the photos. By the time I'd had coffee, the whole idea would likely have left me already, since I seem to have the memory of a cat lately (you know, for cats, there is only Right. Now. If it doesn't happen RIGHT NOW, it never happened...) and by the time I thought of it again, those new colored lines would have been worn off.

Plus, taking these two photos has actually made it a tiny bit less painful to have spent on that money on boring black rubber circles. :D The margarita has helped with that process as well.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back