Jon K

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
CRW_5073.jpg

ISO 200
F/4.0
1/1600
98mm

Really golden yellow sunset at a memorial grave, i wanted to frame it better but there was an iron fence in the way of my 70-200 F4.0L. I also couldn't get the flag to center on the tombstone because of the shadows of myself... but i think it came out well enough.

I like the lighting a lot, and the shadow on the tombstone, but I wish the whole flag were in it. Might not have been able to b/c of the fence as you posted...but if you could have gotten the whole flag I think it would have improved the pic a lot. Also maybe composing it in a portrait orientation rather than a landscape could have helped as well. I like that the flag is focused on and that the tomb is a bit blurred. Wonder what it would like reversed...tombstone in focus flag not? I think I'd like to see a black and white version too...

eromallagadnama said:
I like the lighting a lot, and the shadow on the tombstone, but I wish the whole flag were in it. Might not have been able to b/c of the fence as you posted...but if you could have gotten the whole flag I think it would have improved the pic a lot. Also maybe composing it in a portrait orientation rather than a landscape could have helped as well. I like that the flag is focused on and that the tomb is a bit blurred. Wonder what it would like reversed...tombstone in focus flag not? I think I'd like to see a black and white version too...

It just so happens that I do have the focus point "reversed" i will resize in a bit.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back