The Prop of Ythsie

birdbonkers84

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
The Prop of Ythsie by Mark Coull, on Flickr

Background info:

The Prop of Ythsie is a striking square tower built in 1861 as a memorial to the 4th Earl of Aberdeen. There are 91 steps to the top parapet, which gives wonderful views over the surrounding countryside. The style of the Prop is severe, even by Scottish Victorian standards, with a curving profile leading to an oversized parapet, so that it resembles a rook on a chessboard.

This was taken on Saturday during the golden hour using my Fuji xt-2 + 55-200mm f/3.5-4.8 lens. This is owned by the Haddo house estate, which is part of the National Trust for Scotland. Edited in CaptureOne.

Nicely taken shot, maybe just my preference but it feels that there's a little too much sky in it for me, I think less sky might make the tower seem a little more imposing..

Nicely taken shot, maybe just my preference but it feels that there's a little too much sky in it for me, I think less sky might make the tower seem a little more imposing..
Great point, I'll look at different crops tonight. The sky was beautiful and the clouds magnificent and that's why I left it uncropped.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back