The Radiant Vista

David

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.davidbazlinton.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Just thought I'd share the following site with you, as I can't find a reference to it when searching TPF, and it has some good stuff. I should add that I have no association with either the site, or the people that run it, having just come across it via googling.

The Radiant Vista has been running since the tail end of 2005, and their stated goal is:

"....to create an online creative community where photographers (and in the future musicians, writers, and filmmakers) can go for free educational and inspirational information. The Radiant Vista will also utilize cutting edge technologies (such as podcasts, vidcasts, and downloadable video) to deliver content that is closer to the quality of information you would expect from a field workshop experience."

The site is US based, and has a daily critique on a user submitted image, and some good on-line Photoshop workshops (although currently there are only two available on-line) as well as podcasts and video tutorials. The photographers that run the site also use it to publicise their workshops, which are based all over the US, but these are not rammed down your throat. They're just there if you're interested, and all the content can be freely downloaded.

I'm sure the style and content will not suit everyone, but may be worth a look. Most if not all of the downloadable stuff is available in Quicktime, Windows Media and iPod Video formats, so it's not a good site if you're on a dial-up connection.

David

Sounds like "Luminous Landscape" to me. I'll take a look, I enjoy learning.

they have some nice video tutorials ... however his accent is exhausting for me :p

Most reactions

Back