The Railway Station

OK, La Photo, from what you are indicating the camera was set for incandescent light which is warm and orange or for shooting inside. To compensate for that, the camera puts the colour temperature into the blue area.

The lights inside the car were probably fluorescent which tend to be more blue in colour temperature than the incandescent lights that your camera was set for. That is why the colour was off in the car.

The outside lights could have even been mercury vapour, so it is difficult to guess at their colour temperature although they seem extremely warm.

The outdoor light in terms of colour temperature is blue and your incandescent camera setting added even more blue to it.

skieur

After further checking, the outdoor lights may be sodium vapour which are extremely warm in colour temperature depending on the wattage.

The tungsten\Kunstlicht setting on your camera adds dark blue.

skieur

Also, the POV- Are you really short? Like maybe only 9-10 inches tall? It must of took forever to climb those stairs.

You see what all I do for photography :D :lol: :lmao:
Well no. Truth is that I am not tall, but I am not that short, either.
But the tripod of choice that I used at the time (because it was the only one I had back then) is "The Weapon" (called that because I was not allowed to take it on board the plane to England when my sister and I flew over for the Saffron-Walden-TPF-Meet-Up in 2005 but had to check it in with my suitcase, too dangerous with its extensible legs, you see!) is THIS small:

TheWeapon2.jpg

...with "legs un-pulled"

TheWeapon1.jpg

...risen up to its full length (and potential to be really dangerous).

I used that when I took the photo and therefore the camera was as low as ALMOST being directly on the platform :wink:

And I am not pulling your leg on the "not on board a plane" thing. :D

Right-o.
So I will accept that this photo is too blue and so are all the others of the series.

Right-o.
So I will accept that this photo is too blue and so are all the others of the series.

Well I liked 1,2 & 5 in the collage before and thought they showed something unique and beyond a mathematically 'correct' snapshot. All things considered, I like them just as much now.

Did you enjoy yourself while shooting them? Do you still like them?

Yes, I enjoyed myself back then and considering that they were all taken with the Powershot (a compact digital camera), I still like them quite a bit, too. Since I composed quite a bit and set the Powershot to a small aperture and long exposure times, I feel they are even meant to be a bit more than a mere "snapshot". I haven't considered showing them up here back at the time I took them, though. What does this fact want to tell us? :scratch: ---- But I've had the first photo in my "Websize"-folder (so I'd eventually upload it and show it) for months...

Yes, I enjoyed myself back then and considering that they were all taken with the Powershot (a compact digital camera), I still like them quite a bit, too. Since I composed quite a bit and set the Powershot to a small aperture and long exposure times, I feel they are even meant to be a bit more than a mere "snapshot". I haven't considered showing them up here back at the time I took them, though. What does this fact want to tell us? :scratch: ---- But I've had the first photo in my "Websize"-folder (so I'd eventually upload it and show it) for months...

That explains the effect. I like to shoot with the small aperture and long exposure times. I find that it provides a thick, rich color that I like in my shots.

Kinds -o- twilight

My reaction to the photo was based firmly in the way it the time of day. Regardless of how the camera was or was not calibrated, this affect (for me), was aptly achieved.

My reaction to the photo was based firmly in the way it the time of day. Regardless of how the camera was or was not calibrated, this affect (for me), was aptly achieved.

Sorry, but read carefully what you said above. You are not making sense!?

skieur

But this place is very --- erm --- un-busy. The real critics have long left the forum, so it seems.

I'm not certain if I, among others, should take offense.

:lol:

Perhaps I am an ersatz critic.
I shall spend more time smoking moodily in small cafes and writing execrable poetry.

I shall spend more time smoking moodily in small cafes and writing execrable poetry.

Yes, I was kind of wondering about that too! :confused::confused:

skieur

So dump your butt in your cognac and have at it. :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back