The Rastafarian

abraxas

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
480-5236.jpg

Probably should have called it; Pot-smokin' Hippie or Hippie Smokin' Pot.

I don't understand the title ... but that my be because I am too silly to do so, but I like what I see, again there's these deep shadows that are to be seen in so many of your pics, must be "your" special desert light ... and I do love the one whispy cloud in the frame! That sure adds heaps to the composition!

The title, and photo are sentimental. Let me explain;

My overweight buddy, with the pony tail used to work on my Toyota 4wd Land Cruiser that I use for desert stuff. He'd work on it and I'd sit and blow a fat joint with him when I'd go to pick it up. We'd talk about the desert, where he'd been and the places i'd go, and how he'd like to find some time to do some wandering.

The last I seen him I told him I was getting ready for a 4 day trip to the Pinnacles and would bring him back some cool shots.

So, on the Sunday before I was to come home, I seen this shot. Looked like him blowing a big smoke ring. I thought of him and snapped a shot.

Got home and found out my 48 year old pal dropped dead of diabetes that day- maybe about an hour before I took the photo.

Seems to me like he found a way to get out and enjoy the desert.

Anyway, it's one of my favorites, but should be disregarded for sentimentality. Something I need to separate from my work if I ever expect to be good at this stuff.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back