The Re-enactors - on parade -

abraxas

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Some photos of old west re-enactors; gunslingers, lawmen, shady ladies and repsectable women folk and what-not.

pr360-3323.jpg

pr400-3307.jpg

pr420-3299.jpg

pr420-3325.jpg

pr460-3297.jpg

pr460-3303.jpg

pr580-3289.jpg

pr480-3290.jpg

pr480-3302.jpg

I guess in California they had polarized sunglasses in the olden-days. How cool is that?

--Any C&C would be appreciated.

He in Photo 2 looks awe-inspiring! I would not want to mess with him!
And you don't happen to be the one in Photo 3, in blue, in the background? No? ;)

That lady in 8 is in sore need of a dentist, but since she is the Lady of the Saloon, who really cares after a whisky or two, hm? ;)

You selectively lightened some of the faces that were too shadowed, didn't you? I wonder if not the use of fill-flash might have brought about some more convincing results? Just wondering out loud here... :scratch:

He in Photo 2 looks awe-inspiring! I would not want to mess with him!
And you don't happen to be the one in Photo 3, in blue, in the background? No? ;)

That lady in 8 is in sore need of a dentist, but since she is the Lady of the Saloon, who really cares after a whisky or two, hm? ;)

You selectively lightened some of the faces that were too shadowed, didn't you? I wonder if not the use of fill-flash might have brought about some more convincing results? Just wondering out loud here... :scratch:

Sorry, that's not me in photo #3. My head is much smaller, my hair way-longer, and I prefer earth tones. And I never have figured out the timer (I bought a cable trigger), which brings me to; I turned off the flash somehow and never figured out how to turn it back on since- all for the sake of not reading the manual more than I have to.

So, correct, I selectively lightened faces (and in the case of #9, darkened the face of the gentleman behind the lady). I also lightened chins, removed crow's feet wrinkles, and unattractive highlights and in a couple cases, light 'mustaches'. I sharpened certain shiny objects such as guns, badges, buttons etc, and brought out some color in some of the clothing.

In the case of my flirtatious lady-friend in #8, I pretty much did the opposite, increasing the harsh look by accentuating wrinkles, shadows and color. Good grief, she winked and blew me a kiss! Anyhow, I tried at the same time to keep her partner as soft and demure as possible.

It was a good excercise in dodging, burning and selective sharpening and blurring. I hope I didn't over-do it?

The end product is what you see, photos for the internet. So when I had to, I did some heavy cropping. I had a great time and I hope these folks enjoy themselves on the 'glamour on parade' slideshow I'm going to be posting on the web site.

I have two more groups of photos to edit, the parade itself and the preceding 'bed race.' I'm trying to put as much pressure on the local chamber of commerce as possible by producing an enjoyable series of shots despite their petty non-cooperation and refusal to even acknowledge my existance. Their 'photographer' stood at a static location recording the parade as it went by. Next year, I may do some of them 'moving picture shows' myself (I did before), except I'll build a 'steady-cam grip' and have some fun.

And, I'll probably figure out how to turn on AND use fill-flash by then (thanks for the tip).

It's forecast to go up to about 108 today. I'm off to the mountains in a few hours with my grandson to work and then go do some 'standing in a creek' shots.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back