The Red Hill

abraxas

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
780--1307.jpg

Neat, dramatic angle. I also really like the sky. It's a little bit crooked though...

Thanks. No tilt. That's the topography.

That's a framer in my book. Not sure why it hasn't received many more comments.

Thank you. I'm quite fond of it myself. I find it kind of interesting how different forums react to my shots. Some that don't do so good in one place go wild in others and this way and that way. There's no trying to figure it out, just keep doing what I do and try to improve on my terms.

it's a crazy trick that horizon does with your eye, it looks really crooked and then you see the actual horizon but your eye keeps trying to tell your brain it's not straight.

gets you thinking=good photo in my books.

it's a crazy trick that horizon does with your eye, it looks really crooked and then you see the actual horizon but your eye keeps trying to tell your brain it's not straight.

gets you thinking=good photo in my books.

Thanks. The volcanic activity in the area has done some crazy rearranging- That's part of my fascination.

I try to just capture it the way I see it. I've shown it to a few others that live in and are familiar with the area, and it looks fine to them too. Weekend after next I'll be showing this and other photos to professional geologists that know the eastern sierra area in extreme detail. That ought to be interesting.

I really like this shot :)

what settings did you take it on?

Thanks

I really like this shot :)

what settings did you take it on?

Thanks

I was shooting in auto mode when I shot this (05), but the exif says;

1/640
f8

I've always set my iso to the lowest, in this case (Nikon D70) ISO 200.

& thank you.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back